Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Carbon Bars
  • dickydutch

Anybody recommend some carbon handlebars for an xc hardtail. Ive looked at all the online sites etc, but woud like some past experience if possible! Thanks in advance.
    Forgot to mention, they need to be flat bars. 😀

Anthony
    Free Member

Easton EC90 CNT.

128g for O/S, they’re narrow at 560mm though.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

These are great. They’re nice and wide (for carbon) and I really like the rise and sweep. Works for me anyway. Bargain at Merlin too!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Sunline V1’s. Super wide and nice sweep.

donsimon
    Free Member

These have done me for the past couple of years. Very comfortable and nice and wide, I use them with some cheapo carbon bar ends. Carbon frame and carbon bars- no issues here in using carbon. 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

I have Bontragers – lovely, Azonic – great, Answer – really cool, some no-names – still better than aluminium IMO.

robhughes
    Free Member

my easton monkey lite ct2 are superb.great for xc.a bit pricey though about £90

jcromton
    Free Member

Get the Ritchey WCS ones. I got a pair from CRC for £60. Get the 600mm ones though, I made an error in getting the 580mm. It is noticeable.

Northwind

I just got a set of Truvativ Noir Teams, £60 they were. Wee bit heavier than my EC70s but also wider and allegedly stronger. If I’m honest I just love how they look! No cosmetic weave, just a thick top coat for a cool smokey effect. Mine are the 680mm risers, but they do a 600mm flat.

Oh, if you don’t mind buying used carbon, I’m about to sell a set of EC70 flats in reasonable nick, not great but not knackered… I’ll be sticking up a classified in a day or two probably.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Syntace?

dickydutch

Thanks for the replies.
    Another question then – do you guys runs carbon stems with them as well?? If so, which ones? or is thee no real advantage?

dickydutch

Northwind – thanks for the heads up. Im a bit of a wimp though and would prefer to buy something like that brand new. thanks though!

craig1975
    Free Member

I like these from Syncros, they are nice and wide 710mm i have them on my hardtail to.

Take a look at FSA Gravity, a friend of mind just a one they look tasty!!

Vortexracing

those FSA Gravity from on-one for £50 seem good. Just eighed mine and they are 190grms!! Not bad for a low rise DH bar

jcromton
    Free Member

I operate a Ritchey Carbon WCS stem and got ripped because the Alu version is apparently lighter. I’ve been claiming stiffness benefits, but to be honest I can’t tell the slightest bit of difference. So no, I probably wouldn’t bother with the carbon stem, it was only my dad telling me I needed more carbon on my bike…

zaskar
    Free Member

Race Face have a titanium mesh for support.

Plus in stress testing and snapping the bars, the RaceFace bars never broke while all the other manufacturers snapped like twiggs.

German testing did go beyond normal xc use.

I’ve put my carbon bars to one side and using all AM gear for burly use.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Have used fsa carbon bars in the past and found them very good.
    Apart from bling, I can’t see any noticable benefits from a carbon stem at the moment.

Anthony
    Free Member

A lot of carbon stems are heavier than lightweight ally one’s. Easton EA90 for example is 128g actual weight in 90mm O/S version.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Bars’ is closed to new replies.