Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Carbon Bar Virgin
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Interested in the trail damping properties of carbon and Ti for my new swift since it’s a rigid front. Given that i’m after a set of wide bars (750mm +) and therefore limited to the DH bars I’m wondering if there will be any of the magical carbon benefit given that these bars are built to take a beating and are therefore presumably pretty stiff. The ones i’m currently looking at are the Easton Havoc.

druidh
    Free Member

Don’t assume that carbon bars are at all flexy.

d45yth
    Free Member

Depending on how much you’re willing to spend, the new Thomson Ti bar could be just the ticket…it’s 730mm though, but at 295g will be lighter that a lot of carbon DH bars.
    I think it’s aimed at the rigid 29er market too.

Edit: I’ve just seen that the carbon versions are the same width, about 100g lighter and nearly half the price…the Ti ones would still be nice though.

Gotama
    Free Member

I wasn’t particularly but my understanding was that the vibration damping effects are beneficial, particularly when using a rigid front. Just wondering whether that benefit disappears to some extent as the bars get stiffer.

honourablegeorge

My Easton Havocs are definitely easier on the hands and arms than the Sunlines I had before, can’t say I notice any flex in either, but there’s something.

Gotama
    Free Member

d45yth – Had a look at those and they’re lovely but they’re $250 so i would guess they’re going to come in at £195 over here which is pretty punchy for bars when top carbon ones are £100.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Bar Virgin’ is closed to new replies.