Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Carbon 456 – rear axle options
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Looking at new wheels for my c456, and currently the old ones I’ve got are cheap oem ones I transferred from another bike, and they have a standard QR skewer on the rear.

For new wheels, hubs obviously come in various options for the rear with different sizes, through or QR.

What are my options with the c456, do I need to get a specific size if I had a through axle, or a replacement drop out thing?

Or is it just same QR as before?

That’s the simple option anyway as I know that works. Plus I’m not sure it’s going to be better with a through axle at the back. Though I do occasionally find the rear needs checks mid ride due to working loose, despite done up very tight.

I can’t find the spec for the old c456 any more on On One’s site. They seemed to have dropped it in favour on the Evo version.

spawnofyorkshire

It’s got regular QR dropouts so either stick with them or 10mm thru axle with QR like superstar and the DT Swiss RWS

DT Swiss

Superstar QR

andymc06
    Free Member

My flow ex on pro 2 evo rear came with 10mm adaptors on. I bought one of the 10mm qr skewers from Superstar as shown above (only had gold left though!!!!). Works fine on my c456 but it is the evo. I don’t believe they have altered the dropout standard between the evo and the last model.

andymc06
    Free Member

Choice of lime or orange colour at SS now! 😯

deadkenny
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Hadn’t realised you can get those. So that would make it a 135 x 10 hub or adapter for it is all I need?

Hmm, I wonder if I can do the same with my Nomad Mk2.

Anyway, so choice now is Arch EX or Flow EX for the c456? 😀

It’s my general bike for duties from XC, trail to more AM-ish muck about. Flow seems more AM to DH, and a bit heavier but wider rim if I understand it. Thinking Arch will do.

And then hubs, but not Hope. As good as they are, I don’t like buzzing like an load of angry bees 😉

maxtorque

Yup, you can run the Superstar 10mm axles in the old c456.

Northwind

Yup, standard rear dropouts are 10mm. Standard QR makes most sense imo, can’t see any reason you’d want to add stiffness to one, it rides well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456 – rear axle options’ is closed to new replies.