Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Carbon 456. Anyone pre-ordered or thinking of buying one…?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

As above really. I am tempted.

Anyone thinking of it.?

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Saw them at Dalby ….

They also had a 29er prototype on the stand … think I'll wait for that 🙂

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Clearly people have as they've sold out of Small and Large frames, I've ordered a Medium.

nuke

Can't decide…I'd prefer something as light as possible but still warranted up to 120mm: the Whippet is 100mm max from what I understand, a the carbon 456 is burlier than I need therefore heavier than I need. I kind of want a carbon version of the standard Inbred/Scandal.

A Tranny would suit the bill but I could buy a Whippet and a carbon 456 for the price of that!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I am thinking of getting one. Currently riding a Genesis Alpitude with 140mm Revs-the Carbon 456 could do a similar job with a big weight saving!

nickc

Thinking about it. Can't justify it, Chameleon is lush, but y'know…

Might try to get a go on one first

higgo
    Free Member

I would have if they had rack mounts.

tazzymtb

waiting for the big wheeler as long as it's got swappy drop outs for SS

njee20
    Free Member

I'd prefer something as light as possible but still warranted up to 120mm

Pedal Force, 1240g, up to 120mm forks, cheaper than an On-One! I've got a barely used 18" frame to sell if that's of interest!

DT78
    Free Member

I thought the whippet was basically a carbon version of the inbred?

I'll be sorely tempted when it's ready

saladdodger
    Free Member

NO WAY would I have one

Cos I is skint no othere reason

pedalhead
    Free Member

I emailed them a few days ago for more info on their quoted geometry figures…ie what forks do the angles assume, sagged or not…quite important on a frame that apparently handles such a wide range of forks. I've not had a response yet. I don't suppose anyone else knows?

hughjengin
    Free Member

Pedal Force, 1240g, up to 120mm forks, cheaper than an On-One! I've got a barely used 18" frame to sell if that's of interest!

I just looked a the pedal force spec to see if your frame would be of interest or would fit me, but it only quotes a 17" or a 19" frame, and not a 18" just wondered what geometry is yours ?

njee20
    Free Member

It is an 18", slightly longer than the 17". 600mm TT IIRC, but I may be talking rubbish, it's relatively short. email in profile if you want the geometry.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456. Anyone pre-ordered or thinking of buying one…?’ is closed to new replies.