Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 199 total)
  • Carbon 456 – anyone got theirs yet?
  • Marmoset
    Free Member

I personally think the Rocky's worth it – yes it's a lot of cash, but it's personally the best bike I've ever owned and ridden.

It's all down to personal taste. I think the OO is okay, but it's a different beast to the Vertex, designed for somewhat more abuse, hence the larger sections all over.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

The Armadillo raised the bar in the 'hit with an ugly stick' competition.

Cheeky get!

I loved mine and was just thinking about it earlier..

Woody
    Free Member

HW

No offence meant 😉 – I actually wanted one after having stupidly sold my Compo but it never happened.

whoopiegoldbars
    Free Member

Just spoke to OO. Bolts/dropouts arriving Monday hopefully shipping Tuesday.

Hope tapered headsets should be on the site by end of next week as well.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Just had an email saying my frame was shipped today and will be with me tomorrow. 🙂

69er
    Free Member

And a bucket for monsieur?

brant
    Free Member

No offence meant – I actually wanted one after having stupidly sold my Compo but it never happened.

One of each in my garage.

Email in profile 🙂

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Those frames are boggin.

Woody
    Free Member

Email in profile

Dear god nooooo!! I've just bought an ML8

YGM

Kevevs
    Free Member

haha. Funny thread!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Woody – none taken 🙂

One of each in my garage.
    Email in profile

Ha. If I hadn't just agreed on a P7 I might have battled it out with Woody for the 'dillo – gave new meaning to the term, 'industrial looking,' but it was fun to ride, just wondering how it might have been with a decnt pair of 130 forks. Can't remember what it was designed to take. Those 'gussets', those welds…! And I'd have loved a Compo too.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I loved my Armadillo too. Not the cleanest lines ever, but purposeful!

A man's frame for manly men! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, my wee bro is still riding it to work and back, maybe I could get it back off him…

Woody
    Free Member

just wondering how it might have been with a decnt pair of 130 forks.

It was a pic of someone in France on a Compo IIRC on the PX/OO site doing a rocky descent/dropoff with Z150's that made me want one. I also have a pair of Nixons 145mm with bolt thru' axle sitting doing nothing………….

Bosh
    Free Member

Looks like I'll be the black sheep. I think the 456 carbon looks fantastic. Would seriously consider one if I wasn't so happy with my summerseason.

whoopiegoldbars
    Free Member

Looks like I'll be the black sheep. I think the 456 carbon looks fantastic. Would seriously consider one if I wasn't so happy with my summerseason.

Same here. Can't wait til mine arrives..

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Fulgy but a great price

69er
    Free Member

That FUGLY at any price is a mistake. How much for it second hand when you decide it's got to go. 50p? 😉

osian
    Free Member

Mine's just arrived. The decals are very very stealth as well, more so than the pictures show and seem to blend in with the subtle carbon grain.

Kitchen scales say 1432g with plastic plugs in with I am impressed with.

Dancake
    Free Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. Im a 456 fanboy (I now have a banger for work and a posh one) so I will defo go for the carbon if I can find any money

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Horses for courses…. Personally I think it's gopping, but looks aren't everything. Here's one of my previous bikes. Graham Norton on wheels, complete with gold ano Hope bits. So don't take my opinion too seriously!

pb2

Zasker did you choose that colour scheme? if you did you need to go to SpesSavers asap, thats a tarts bike and you should be ashamed of yourself 😆

peachos
    Free Member

almost finished building my carbon456. looks awesome doesn't it. i've left the hoses long enough to do double tailwhips

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

My 456 I think you'll find! THe Bat Bike is born!

Graham_Clark

I still ride my Armadillo (Rode it both days at the weekend). Only hardtail I now have, and it now sports a pair of 140mm Thors…. Fantastic, grin inducing ride….

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Zasker did you choose that colour scheme? if you did you need to go to SpesSavers asap, thats a tarts bike and you should be ashamed of yourself

I did indeed…. I thought I'd go all the way once the frame arrived! The tigerskin saddle was a particular favourite. Oh, and it wasn't usually that high – I'd just got the bike out of the car and bunged the seatpost in for piccie purposes!

It looked a lot more garish in the flesh too, although it did attract quite a few nice comments, from similar visually-challenged riders!

warpcow
    Free Member

Good to see you're embracing the fugliness peachos 😉 (it's not that bad actually, but those red brakes are horrible imo).

whoopiegoldbars
    Free Member

That 456 looks awesome! Liking the spank rims..

RealMan
    Free Member

peachos what's the tyre clearance like with a 2.4 rubber queen?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah – i like that peachos! although i reckon you could manage triple tail whips with those hoses!

higgo
    Free Member

Mine is at home, I'm on the other side of the North Sea.
    My wife says it feels like the cardboard box is empty.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

That's not Peachos' bike, I just emailed him a picture. it's all mine!

The brakes are US spec 2009 Louise Brakes, which are black, apart from the inner caliper half, which is red. So they're black from the otherside. The hoses; Magura supply them both (more than) long enough for the rear of a bike, so I've tied them up, they will be cut to length when they need bleeding, though I may do it before if I can be bothered. I'm running the same brakes on my other bike, they also need the hoses cutting down.

The wheels are borrowed from my other bike too, hence the colour clash with the calipers; I'm sharing wheels short-medium term until I've got the money for a rear hub gear, hence the rest of the drive-train being ripped off a third bike as well.

Awesome!

Tyre clearance is loads, no problems with the RQs.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

It's like wot The Hulk would ride, nice job!

GaryLake
    Free Member

My wife says it feels like the cardboard box is empty.

Nice! My 456 SS felt like the box was far from empty 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

er, the wheels go with the frame like the sofa goes with the carpet? 😆

tony24
    Free Member

got mine today only part i got fitted was my rear mech 🙁 nothing else has turned up yet. brake's should be here tomorrow then the rest of it following on next week.

my forks were supposed to of turned up today as well but good old chain reactions did not manage it. 😯

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Mine has arrived today. 1450g on the Mrs kitchen scales-very impressed.

Any headset recommendations yet?

tony24
    Free Member

i ordered the on one smoothie headset with mine, can not fault it well made, light and uses cartridge bearings for £35 you cannot complain.

I ordered the FSA gravity 1 at first that's now sitting in a box as it wont be going near the bike 😀

yunki
    Free Member

yep.. I'm liking the aesthetic..

Most of the self appointed style gurus here seem to take most of their cues from gentlemens quarterly or some such trite so it doesn't do to pay them any mind..

looking forward to seeing a few more of these built up.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Rode mine last night, seems perfect, flies up hill, flies downhill, no complaints so far. Definitely looks the business too, though I guess if you're a luddite that expects your On-One to be made of pig iron, then you would disagree. Either way, I win.

higgo
    Free Member

Rode mine last night, seems perfect, flies up hill, flies downhill…

I've not seen, never mind built mine yet (abroad 'til tomorrow night) but if it helps me fly up and down hills perfectly but has slightly dodgy graphics, I'm prepared to forgive the graphics.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 199 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456 – anyone got theirs yet?’ is closed to new replies.