Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • caravelles with wheelchair device at the rear
  • MadBillMcMad

nearly all the caravelles I can find second hand that have not been pimped out have been converted to have a wheel chair hoist.

Are these easy to remove and so return back to their original state.

tron
    Free Member

It'd be much easier to unpimp one than to unconvert one!

psling
    Free Member

Depends what kit is in there. I bought a van with a fold-out ramp bolted inside the back door, foor anchor points in the floor for a wheelchair and inertia-reel belt plus an electric winch under the passenger seat.

The ramp and anchor-points I unbolted. The winch is still there at the moment. Took an hour or two to remove.

Anyone want to buy a wheelchair ramp?? 😀

MadBillMcMad

the ones I have seen on autotrader in the main are via the rear door, not replacing the passenger seat which I think would be harder & costlier.

They appear to be cheaper to buy than pimped out ones.
    The last thing I want is a lowered van with low profile tyres.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Would it be worth speaking to whichever company does the conversions, asking what sort of £££££'s might be required to convert back – might not be possible as depends on exactly what they start with, complete vehicle or part build from the manufacturer, however they may do the occasional conversion on a second hand machine and have the bits you require left over.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘caravelles with wheelchair device at the rear’ is closed to new replies.