Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Caravelle
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Finally after deliberating for months have bought a Caravelle, 2013 model.

Any owners any hints or tips they want to share?

Few things I’m looking to pimp.
    Would like an awning, want to swop internal lights for LED, fit some lights to tailgate door to give light at rear when boot door open.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Pics!

ourmaninthenorth

+1 pictures!!!

backinireland
    Free Member

Not got it yet.
    Garage doing a full service and fitting a towbar.

backinireland
    Free Member

Spud

Ours is a 2013. We had tow bar, bike rack, mud flaps fitted to ours. Love it. Enjoy yours. I’ll likely swap out the stereo head unit for something with DAB at least this year once out of warranty. An awning is something we’d like to fit too. But not just yet.

backinireland
    Free Member

I have one of those decathlon tarps
    Read suggestion on Internet that you sew something like tv aerial cable into it then add awning rail to roof of Caravelle. For cheap option

backinireland
    Free Member

What bike rack spud?

backinireland
    Free Member

Been landrover man for 15 years so know all the kit.
    Prob not use the awning much so looking something cheap

bob_summers

Nice, what motor?
    Subject to a bit of haggling, might be buying a 2008 Multivan (ie a Caravelle in Europe) next week, 1.9 variant.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Prob not use the awning much so looking something cheap

Couple of hundred ££££ isn’t exactly expensive, especially when buying a Caravelle. 😕

backinireland
    Free Member

Lol
    I had the ARB one on my Landy
    Don’t really want something permanent so that’s why I was thinking awning rail
    Something like this

https://stitchesandsteel.com/products/volkswagen-t5-awning-v1

alpin
    Free Member

I have one of those decathlon tarps
    Read suggestion on Internet that you sew something like tv aerial cable into it then add awning rail to roof of Caravelle. For cheap option

for a quick and effective awning i use magnets to attach the decathlon tarp to the roof gutter. no ugly rail and a doddle to put up/take down.

Spud

We went for the VW rack for it. We tow a caravan so needed something that folded out of the way and didn’t need putting in the caravan when travelling to/ from holiday.

onehundredthidiot

For lights, ikea used to do very low profile 12v lights (for under kitchen cabinets) cheap and powerful. I had 4 on my tailgate and they were very bright. I wired in a tiny switch for them.

Davesport

Liking Backinireland’s garage as much as his van 😀

hoberinos
    Free Member

Be aware that the VW bike rack won’t fit on with a rear spoiler – it would need to be removed or hacked about first as the bike rack hooks over the top of the tailgate.

I love my Caravelle, although it’s a bit thirstier than I was expecting…

backinireland
    Free Member

Knew that
    I have a thule rideon carrier but not sure if rear door will open when its on

backinireland
    Free Member

Atera Strada apparently works
    Someone else has suggested a buzz rack

OUR PRODUCTS

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Definitely swap all bulbs for LED – interior especially in case you leave them on. I did front console, sliding door footwell and interior overhead and DRLs as well, cool white look much better than poor halogen yellow.

Swap headlight bulbs for Osram Nightbreakers – getting into the bulbs is tricky, reach behind, find the wire and push towards the bottom of the van.

I also swapped my orange indicator bulbs for chrome for a clean look.

Small subtle and cheap tweaks to make it ‘yours’.

Tailgate downlighters are superb, had them on my Vito, not done it on the Kombi yet but miss them. I’m getting a 3 way switch in the head lining so I can have the tailgate off/on/switched, same as the interior lights. Put the switch out of the way so a load doesn’t knock it.

Caravelle is lowered 20mm already I think but something like H&R’s can improve look/ride for not much.

scuttler

Yeah – you should’ve bought a California Beach 😉

(Cali Beach owner confirmation bias…)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Caravelle’ is closed to new replies.