Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Caravan sites in the borders, does this exist ?
  • righog
    Free Member

Just thinking out loud so to speak.

I have never really been that interested in owning a static caravan, the sites I have seen have always been a bit to faux posh, like a mini suburb of caravans.

But does a different type of caravan park exist ?

I am thinking something close to the 7 staines, quiet, small and ideally behind a pub that serves good food and Beer.

Anyone know of such a place ?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

You could buy your own tourer and tow it where you please. Not tied down you any site then.

cbike
    Free Member

Caravan sites in the Borders might be in the North Sea at the moment.

nigew
    Free Member

Have a look at Tweedside in Innerleithen.
    Small site with a bar and plenty of places to eat within walking distance, you can also ride to the trails very easily, Glentress is also near, it’s a 15-20 minute drive.
    I have rented statics there many times and the couple that run the site are very easy to deal with.

righog
    Free Member

You could buy your own tourer and tow it where you please. Not tied down you any site then.

Well funnily enough it was something like this that got me thinking about the whole thing. I got chatting to a bloke on a flight and he had a small tourer that he kept in storage in the borders, he drove up at the weekends and picked up the caravan and drove it to one of three sites he liked. So that is a possibility, but I was hoping for even less hassle than that.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Kielder has some. Not sure if private ones, but we rented one for a week. They do have weekend pikey parking areas if you tow your own though.

perchypanther
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

We had a family shared van for a decade at Ravenstonedale. It was 9 statics and 6 tourer pitches, at an old farm where they keith old buses. Quiet antithesis of most sites. And the superb pub was 10min walk away.

Ace riding from the door.

scotroutes

My folks used to have a caravan at Rosetta in Peebles.

boxelder

Not the 7 Stanes, but near Whinlatter.
    Few miles to the border (for a crow in flight)

Pub caravan

Doonpark, Kippford?

towzer

otish – http://www.wigwamholidays.com/locations.aspx

and now back ont
    and possibly the best camping web site
    http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/

also
    http://www.glentroolcampingandcaravansite.co.uk/about
    a lovely place with some natural on the door and a pub in 8 mins walk

rOcKeTdOg

There’s one in peebles iirc, Rosetta?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Again not the borders but fits the 7 stanes and good pub criteria, we booked a seasonal pitch at kippford holiday park last Sunday for our new tourer we pick up end of this month. It’s our first tourer and we don’t intend to tow it at the moment. Site is open all year.

To say I’m excited is an understatement

trail_rat
    Free Member

Has tweedside imrpoved ? Used to be a bit downtown baghdad and in serious need of refurb. Used to frequently be under water too….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Caravan sites in the borders, does this exist ?’ is closed to new replies.