Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • car won't start. any guesses?
  • eugeo81
    Free Member

Did you try bump starting it? Usually don’t take to much to get started if its a dying battery, just to get you home.

My money is on dead battery/alternator

john_drummer
    Free Member

have you read any of the above?

nick1962
    Free Member

Stalingrad was a battle of egos as well as the horrendous bloodbath and turning point of the Russian invasion (and the War)that it was. Stalin used the commodity he had in plentiful supply-people who were often used as cannon fodder.No other Allied leader would have made such a sacrifice of it’s own people. For Hitler taking Stalingrad was a point of principle for which he sacrificed one of his best armies and led ultimately to his defeat.
    Any updates on the repair?

andrewh
    Free Member

Stalin used the commodity he had in plentiful supply-people who were often used as cannon fodder.No other Allied leader would have made such a sacrifice of it’s own people

Serious question, would it better to sacrifice a million soldiers to stop the invasion or to give up straight away and live under the Nazi ocupation?
    The second option may be better short-term but long-term I think the first.
    Of course, weight of numbers doesn’t always lead to victory, like the Chinese in Korea in the 1950s.

john_drummer
    Free Member

it is now fixed 🙂

turned out to be a bit of wire, a relay and a fuse. answer (e) “it’s French, it’ll be electrical” is the correct answer.

RAC man was on the right lines but he did say he was guessing at the switch

argoose
    Free Member

Ah yes just as I thought

nick1962
    Free Member

Bloody French!Probably thrown together after an extended lunch 🙂
    andrewh-Stalin would have been proud of your pragmatic view,not sure any non dictator would have been able to get the support for such a sacrifice.The Russians who were able to would probably have retreated to the hinterland to regroup.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘car won't start. any guesses?’ is closed to new replies.