Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Car Warranty Recommendations
  • MrGrim

After a poor experience with Warranty Direct a few years ago, does anyone have any experience good or bad with third party warranty companies? I was looking at Warranty Wise. Are they any good?

Car is 65,000 miles, three years old if it makes a difference. Just outside manufacturers warranty with full dealer SH.

curvature
    Free Member

Buy an approved used car from a main dealer.

Can’t vouch for all manufacturers but BMW have been superb. It wasn’t a cheap car but they have fixed an item that is not covered by the warranty and had more than one attempt to fix it.

peteimpreza

Yet to find one that is worth the paper it is written on.

hora
    Free Member

+1. ANY aftermarket one is bollocks IMO.

Or why not put £50 a month into a different account via DD as a sort of fund.

TBH outside of consumables what are you expecting to go wrong?

MrGrim

curvature – Member

The horse has bolted. I’ve had the car for over a month and it came with a warranty from the garage. I use it for work, so looking for another warranty to continue on from this.

Not good Pete. Hoping there would be companies out there that aren’t cowboys.

Nomad
    Free Member

Warranty wise have been very good for Mrs N’s car. We got the car last December and it came with a 12 moth gold warranty from Warranty wise.
    So far had the following done without quibble:
    New drop links
    New air con condenser
    New alternator

I was sceptical after personal experience of another warranty company who were shite. But so fat quite impressed!

MrGrim

Thanks Nomad, how did you claim for the work? Did the garage have direct links to Warranty Wise or did you have to pay for it and reclaim?

Nomad
    Free Member

Nomad
    Free Member

We used our local Halfords Autocentre to do the work as they claim direct from Warranty Wise so no outlay for us. Our Autocentre is quite decent but I can’t vouch for all branches obviously.
    However Any VAT registered garage can put a claim through but you would have to pay and be reimbursed.
    The head honcho at Halfords even commented that as far as warranty companies are concerned, warranty wise approve more work/claims

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Car Warranty Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.