Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Car Valeters: I've bought a used car with leather seats……..
  • LardLover
    Free Member

….and they’re in immaculate condition. I’d like to keep them that way if possible. What do I need to do to care for them?

Thank you.

iolo
    Free Member

Put scooby doo covers over them

LardLover
    Free Member

I was just thinking of driving naked after bathing in baby oil. But that might spoil the suede on the steering wheel.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Leather restorer, easy to get hold of.
    I use it on mine, I’ve got the matt for the matt seats, you can get gloss if you want.

I got mine from Audi but even they recommend AutoGlym.

bruneep

Baby wipes

hora
    Free Member

Before or after the naked drive?

properbikeco
    Free Member

gliptone

lump

Go to a tack shop and get some saddle oil, cheap as chips and last for ages. All top end detailers use this 😉

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Another Gliptone recommender here.One is a cleaner, the other is a supple cream. Are you sure you have leather seats and not painted leather, as that’s something different, as most ‘leather feeds’ wont go through the paint.

somouk
    Free Member

Gliptone or Zaino leather stuff are both good.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I use AutoGlym, they have a cleaner and a restorer. I’m sure other good products exist but I’ve been using their stuff for years and am very brand loyal

agent007
    Free Member

Gliptone 100% – there’s simply nothing better out there than their Liquid Leather cleaner and restorer. Tried Autoglym in the past and nowhere near as good – doesn’t even come close. A Gliptone treatment will easily last a full year, is not sticky or shiny, protects from water and dirt, and enhances the smell of real leather. Think it’s online order only though – not sure if you can buy it in Halfords.

alanf
    Free Member

Check out LLT leather care.
    They have an ‘auto’ section on the website.

I have used this for the wheel and gear stick on my car to good effect.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Another vote for Gliptone.

Its the best stuff that I have found / used so car. The seats in our car looked really clean and in good nick but that managed to remove a fair bit of grime.

Hohum
    Free Member

Another vote for Gliptone here.

Interestingly enough I Gliptoned the leather in our 13 year old BMW yesterday and it came up a treat. Smells lovely as well.

LardLover
    Free Member

Sorry for not replying sooner, had to go to bed early (early start today).

Thanks for all your replies, looks like Gliptone it is then.

packer
    Free Member

Dr Leather wipes are excellent and very quick/easy to use.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Car Valeters: I've bought a used car with leather seats……..’ is closed to new replies.