Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car vac. Do decent ones exist?
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I’ve had a rubbish one in the past but I would really like a little vacuum in the car to clear up all the sunflower seeds my daughter regularly tips all over the carpet.
    The reviews all tend to complain that they aren’t powerful. Now I’m not expecting Dyson upright performance but neither do I want to buy an asthmatic hamster.

So any recommendations?

cbike
    Free Member

My sis has the Dyson handheld and I have a 20 quid 18v ryobi.

The ryobi wins on ability to fit in a foot well. They would both work better with a flexi hose attachment.

Any cylinder vac with a hose beats them both.

wrecker
    Free Member

edit. sorry!

peteimpreza

You can get a flexi hose for the Dyson

johndoh
    Free Member

I am a Freecycle addict and I managed to bag a smallish mains powered cylinder one and it does the job much better than handhelds (we have a Dyson handheld that I do use for occasional quick tidy-ups, but proper cleans always bring the mains one out).

jambalaya
    Free Member

No. Any hand held battery or cigarette lighter powered vac is woeful in comparison to a household vac with a hose. Just buy a long extension lead 😉 If you are precious about your house vac buy a henry and keep it in the garage/shed.

EDIT: for example Dyson handheld £200 and rubbsih, Henry £100 and great

andyl
    Free Member

Get one of these instead of a Henry: https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=5337

Re-usable filter you can just blow out using the blow function

Blow function

Wet and dry

also takes bags which I would suggest if vacuuming a lot of dusty stuff like DIY as it saves you having to keep cleaning the filter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car vac. Do decent ones exist?’ is closed to new replies.