• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Car tyres
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

My car is the first I’ve had with no spare, it came with a bottle of sealant and a little compressor.

Had a very slow puncture right in the middle of the tread, no nail or screw and so fixed it as directed. Frankly I was going to keep driving that tyre until it’s all out (Until MOT in November when both fronts will be replaced)
    Any reason why I shouldn’t as replacement now seems an unnecessary expense.

andyl
    Free Member

I would have taken the car to a garage to get the puncture sealed properly instead of using the sealant as I think the sealant kits are regarded as an emergency ‘get me home’ temporary fix for a faster puncture.

Matt24k
    Free Member

+1
    Get it checked and fixed or replaced as required. Blow outs aren’t much fun even at sub F1 speeds.

jam-bo

probably a good week to buy winter tyres….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What they said, however you may just have cost yourself more as some sealents can’t be cleaned out so an easy repair is now a scrap tyre.

joolsburger
    Free Member

They have a couple more months in them at best TBH so I may see how it goes I’ll let you know if I have a major blow out!

Sui
    Free Member

The “Slime” stuff (same s as MTB) is water washable so you shouldn’t get problems with a tyre company, though most of the OEM stuff isn’t so be cautious as spoon says as it can be costly if they are new tyres (which you said yours are not anyway)

br
    Free Member

They have a couple more months in them at best TBH so I may see how it goes I’ll let you know if I have a major blow out!

So just replace them.

Ever seen the damage a tyre can do to bodywork as it de-laminates?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Car tyres’ is closed to new replies.