Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Car Tyre Inflators
  • peteimpreza

As none of the local petrol stations seem to be able to keep their air lines working I am looking for a portable tyre inflator.

Small and 12v so I can keep it in the car.

Any suggestions?

Budget, £20 ish.

parkesie
    Free Member

I just use my track pump now had 12v ones and over time they corrode and die in spare wheel wells.

johnners
    Free Member

My Ring RAC630 works pretty well.

cbike
    Free Member

They will work 14 times then expire then you buy new alloys and tyres. A track pump is much better.

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

BP petrol stations have got one of those offer things on atm. Portable and 12v. Its probably not that good BUT its £7.99 so i’m slightly tempted by it.

Offroading
    Free Member

buy a normal pump and put some effort into it ? 😯

orangeboy
    Free Member

Track pump for me ,, its fine for toppjng up car tyres but a real pain on the defender ones

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

After buying a very cheap one which was shite I did a little research and bought this one.

Which is excellent.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

You want the RegdabOver9000, mate. In yellow with black accents.

njee20
    Free Member

Track pump here. Got a very slow flat in one of mine I really ought go change, about 30 strokes for 10psi I find!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Every micro detail required on 12v inflators here:
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/36039/mini-compressor-test

But even owning one of their 4 star ones: they all die from corrosion / non-use before you actually need to use them in anger.

Edit: ours was a RAC600 Automatic and worked fine the day it arrived. When we needed to use it next spring after a puncture it was dead as a doornail.

aracer
    Free Member

Another track pump user. I have a foot pump sold for use with car tyres (which I’ve owned for over 20 years I think and it does still work), but the track pump is faster and easier.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Car Tyre Inflators’ is closed to new replies.