Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Car test drives
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

So had the Yaris hybrid about a week and half so thoughts so far auto box has been fun getting use to only tried to put car into first a few times normally at traffic light when iam not quite thinking 😳
    Having drive mode shown on screen does turn you into a smug so and so when crawling along in traffic in electric only mode 😀
    Oh and wife has turned into fuel consumption nazi (having never before given a s##t about it) 😀
    Overall ownership so far has been good and Toyota both local dealer and Toyota UK have been outstanding

Northwind

I booked a test drive of a mondeo from a dealer, looked tidy, supposedly just serviced. Said I had a 20 mile cycle to get there, it better be as described, yes of course! So I went, got in, within a hundred yards I noticed it misfiring violently, lurching along the road… took it back “Oh yeah, it probably just needs a service.” Cheers, Mr Timewasting Shiteheel.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Just filled out online survey that Renault sent to me I think they might not like my reply as that one was the most shocking test drive of the lot 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and wife has turned into fuel consumption nazi (having never before given a s##t about it)

Lol yeah one of the best fuel saving gadgets on mine is the massive display of how much fuel you’re using, and how the average is slightly under the govt figures.. thereby challenging you to beat them 🙂

Top tips on mine, when in town – if you just touch the throttle ever so slightly it stops the regenerative effect that you get when you lift off, but it doens’t apply any power. This way you can coast for ages. So when you see traffic lights up ahead you can roll in from a long way away, which saves tons of fuel.

Don’t do this when there’s lots of traffic though!

What MPG are you getting? They start low but it improves for the first 20k or so.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Car test drives’ is closed to new replies.