Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Car tax renewals, still get a reminder through the post?
  • granny_ring

Like to renew at the local Post Office and the tax expires end of month, would have thought we’d get a reminder by now so thinking things might have changed?

Junkyard
    Free Member

got mine last month so still sent out
    thanks aracer and toys it works great

matt_outandabout

I did this morning. 🙁

nickjb
    Free Member

I got one a couple of weeks ago. Gave me a number to type in online. Took a couple of mins.

mtbfix

Done mine on direct debit. Costs slightly more but spreads the pain.

granny_ring

Ok ta maybe it’ll be along soon then.
    Ta.

timba
    Free Member

Mine came yesterday for 30th Sept expiry

kcal

yup, as above, reminder in post yesterday (along with my licence photo card renewal :() – couple of minutes to pay, sorted. Being a new to us car, still haven’t got used to :
    a/ the tax expires at the end of a different month (12 years with same car and you kind of get into a habit)
    b/ though almost the same power output the emissions must be much less as there’s about a drop from about 225 to 145 GBP in the tax due.. And it’s good deal more economic (about 10mpg on similar long journey). AND the insurance is about the same / easier to compare (older car was getting hard to insure). Result!

GrahamS

Due to some poorly thought out timings, mine comes in at Christmas and the MOT is due at the same time. 🙁

On the bright side, it’s easy to remember.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mine came, got used for arts and crafts, and I’m now 9 days overdue and waiting for the DVLA to respond to my repeated emails, or answer the phone, to try and sort out the V5 reference number which according to them relates to a completely different car. So don’t lose the reminder letter.

granny_ring

With the tax disc renewals we always got the reminder at least a month ahead.

midlifecrashes

Mine arrived yesterday, had a look around for the MOT to check dates. Expired in June, oops. New test booked for lunchtime. I’m signing up for the MOT text reminder this year.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

9 days overdue and waiting for the DVLA to respond to my repeated emails

Just wait for the SORN notice letter to arrive.

I moved house last year and my car is still registered to the old address … whoops… But dont live too far away and have now became sort of friends with new owners… They dropped off some old post including the SORN.

Was about 6 weeks /2 months over due on tax…. Just used the V5 ref off the SORN notice to apply of the tax on-line

No dramas, all sorted … just a bit late …. Tax, obiviously, still ends June next year

hels
    Free Member

Did you know you can pay monthly by direct debit now ? So much easier… and no more hassle about it expiring.

trail_rat
    Free Member

given that theres never any hassle with it “expiring” in my house as they send through nice reminder letters

i dont see why i would want to pay them extra to do it by direct debit.

granny_ring

Well one reminder has arrived in the post so they haven’t forgotten us!

thegreatape
    Free Member

It does say online you can use the reference number from the final reminder letter or some such, so I’ll probably get that before they reply to my email 🙂

Do they want more to do it by DD then?

bear-uk
    Free Member

DD for my van.
    Had a text from bank saying £225 taken out. Was wondering what the hell I had purchased for that amount.
    Quick look showed DVLA.
    Sorted 🙂

bensales
    Free Member

You can also do a yearly direct debit which costs no more than payment on demand. I’ve set that up for my cars and can just forget about it until I need to sell one.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Car tax renewals, still get a reminder through the post?’ is closed to new replies.