Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Car tax renewal fail advice needed
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

First cyclists, now drivers not paying their road tax 🙄

kcal

So, these new cameras. Presumably they reckon to cover 100% or thereabouts of current road vehicles otherwise then yes folk will a/ forget (no longer see the tax disc) b/ wilfully evade paying.

I would like to imagine they have evidence that of the xx million vehicles on the road, then current cameras have clocked all of them at least once in the last year. Otherwise there are obvious flaws in the system..

klumpy
    Free Member

Yup, DVLA website has crashed as it’s overwhelmed by applications 6000 a minute I read. All the other gov websites are bust as well, I cannot do a change of address for my driving licence this morning either.

Ooh, is this one of those DDoS wotjibbers..?

stayhigh

So today I went to the post office with my renewal letter and logbook in hand only to be told that according to their database I have no mot. I didn’t have that certificate with me as I’m in the middle of moving and that was at a different address but have this now so tomorrow I will try again and hopefully get this sorry saga sorted…

jimster01

Can’t see why the website should crash today or the reason for the panic buying of VED today. If your VED expired on the 30th why not buy the next lot on the 30th, the DVLA website was fine yesterday.

At the end of the day, don’t they say there are god knows how many cars on the road uninsured,and now there’ll be so many more untaxed. Great!!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Sounds just like my issue – mot cert in my hand yet the “system” said it wasn’t insured because there was less than a month left.
    Might be because if you buy on the 30th the system might backdate it to the 1st….
    How many more £’s is that going to earn them?

scaredypants

I would like to imagine they have evidence that of the xx million vehicles on the road, then current cameras have clocked all of them at least once in the last year. Otherwise there are obvious flaws in the system..

You have to compare it to the current system; what proportion of tax discs have been eyeballed by a copper or traffic warden in the last year ?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Car tax renewal fail advice needed’ is closed to new replies.