Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Car tax advice – help a floundering soul!
  • fr0sty
    Free Member

Ok, have just been to view a car that I’d like to buy, thing is it’s got no tax and I’d like to use it tomorrow!

Can it be done online, and in my name? Baring in mind the reg documents haven’t been posted off yet and will be in the former owners name till’ I can post them off on Monday…

Any help would be much appreciated 🙂

Drac

You can pay for your tax disc online if all of the following apply:

you’re the vehicle’s registered keeper
    DVLA already has your correct name, address and vehicle details
    you have your reminder letter (V11 or V85/1) or registration certificate (V5C)
    your vehicle is insured
    your vehicle has an MOT if it needs one

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

you can tax the car on-line assuming it has insurance.

the only issue is the tax disc will be posted to the previous owner as the dvla do no have “up to date” information. You could wait till monday and tax it at your local Post office. that way you will get the disc.

if you know the previous owner maybe they would post the disc on to you once it has arrived.

if you are pulled over by the police you may be prosecuted for “failure to display”

hope that helps.

fr0sty
    Free Member

Cheers oneone, thought as much. Will have to wait.

Thnx

Rscott
    Free Member

why don’t you get the owner to put tax on it and give him the money.

gmex619
    Free Member

Trade plates not applicable here?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

because its saturday night the post office is closed tomorrow and the previous owner is probably not insured on the car if its untaxed (sorn)

highclimber
    Free Member

if you are pulled over by the police you may be prosecuted for “failure to display”

I find that law completely pointless now everything is accessed online. I just wished they would get rid of the disc considering the above fact.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i also do think its a stupid law! there is no need for a physical tax disc. as long as its in the data base this will be all that is necessary

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Car tax advice – help a floundering soul!’ is closed to new replies.