Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Car suggestions for my wife please
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Currently – drives a fiat 500 diesel, 74k miles, in gc but 8 years old. She wants rid before it’s worth nothing and we have kids.
    She drives about 150 miles a week. We also have a volvo estate.

Her car requirements are:
    petrol
    under 9K inc 3k from the fiat
    future proof with regard to push chair
    not a honda jizz or suv type car
    easy to drive, poky and economical
    4 doors preferred

perchypanther
    Free Member

Skoda Octavia Estate? Chicks car innit!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Boring but inevitable, Golf.

iamanobody
    Free Member

She is only small lol!! Octavia is far too big!
    She like the Polo etc

mudshark
    Free Member

A red one?

kcal

Fabia (estate) then..

DezB
    Free Member

Wimmin? Drive Minis or Beemer 1 series like nutters don’t they?

iamanobody
    Free Member

deffo not a bmw!!

allthegear
    Free Member

Let her choose? It’s her car??

Rachel

Daffy

4 door Ecoboost 125 Fiesta.

Link to Ebay

[EDIT] – oh, and if it is her car and she’s paying for it – what Rachel said.

[EDIT] [EDIT] eBay link to “a red one”

globalti
    Free Member

Ibiza 4 door hatchback. Or a Polo, it’s the same; both cracking cars.

iamanobody
    Free Member

Rachel – she asked for ideas?? She said a red one!! Neither of us are arsed about cars just looking for reliability and competitive price!!!!!

stumpy01

We’ve got a 12 plate Ibiza. The boot will only just take our baby buggy – I suspect a ‘stroller’ would go in a bit easier but we opted for a ‘travel system’ thingy. We specifically went for one of the smallest available was well, because at the time we both had small cars.

A friend of mine has a Fiesta – she can only get her baby buggy in by talking the parcel shelf out.

If a baby is a real possibility in the near future, I would be looking at something Focus/Golf sized or perhaps an Ibiza/Fabia estate.

slackboy

I’d get a ford focus/ Astra / mazda 5

Big enough for a pram but not too big and not desirable enough to have a price premium

Oh, and if she’s only doing about 6k a year, petrol.

I can see a nice 1 litre focus eco boost in your future…

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have a Seat Mii Sport which is the same as a skoda citigo or VW up. It’s an excellent little car. 9/10 would by another one. Split seat fold for buggy + isofix for seat. Babies are only small after all.

richmtb

poky

£8,995

Has isofix and a big boot

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yaris. Good big little cars. Bigger engined one if she wants “poky” (clearly Toyota don’t sell a lot of Yaris’s on that basis)

Polos are good cars and the new models are close in size to Mk1 Golf. “Poky” versions available.

Could look at Fabia or Ibiza

ElShalimo

Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 100bhp
    Lower insurance than the 125bhp

chakaping
    Free Member

Something Focus-sized, we had a Fiesta when the kids were little and the boot isn’t really big enough for pushchairs and all the other kiddy-related crap you will accumulate.

I’d probably get a Focus myself, mainly for the heated windscreen.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Fiesta ST

Poky but not pokey.

Comes in red with hedgrow accents.

oldnpastit

Just get an MX-5.

And some flowers.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Might be able to shove a pushchair in the back… Meh, world’s overpopulated anyway.

T1000
    Free Member

Seat mii is a great small car but the boot is small and you might struggle with pushchairs. The Skoda rapid fastback, has great boot space with out stepping up to a focus sized car

matt_outandabout

Fabia (estate) then

This.

Or, we have Ibiza Estate (“ST”), that is small and nippy with a boot nearly twice the size of a Focus….

We’re just kicking around changing it for a PCP Fabia Estate, Leon or Rapid Fastback, as we’ve got some silly cheap deals on offer over 4yrs….

br
    Free Member

Rachel – she asked for ideas?? She said a red one!! Neither of us are arsed about cars just looking for reliability and competitive price!!!!! [/I]

Honda Jazz.

It’ll never go wrong, and you can sell it one easy enough to a pensioner when you buy another 🙂

She wants rid before it’s worth nothing and we have kids.

What’s it currently worth, and tbh you’ve 9 months notice, you’ll have plenty of time.

kcal

I went as far as a test run in a Rapid Fastback, they look OK in a funny squashed together way (old Octavia with a new Polo) but IIRC the Fastback is really short – shorter than the saloon – and capacity isn’t great. And the guy was trying to sell a 1.2 as that would be all we’d need (how he worked that out I’ve no idea and I reckon he was wrong..)

T1000
    Free Member

I was impressed with the rapid, focus sized boot for polo prices

garage-dweller

Focus 1.0 Ecoboost 125.

Decent push chair friendly boot. Goes well enough and easy to drive. It’s comfy on a long haul and good round town.

£9k would land you a nice 4 year old Titanium spec one with low mileage.

The 100ps version is ok but the extra perkiness of the 125 is worth the premium. We clocked up 2000km in a 100ps over a couple of weeks in a rented one. It’s just a bit noisier at motorway speeds and struggles a little when loaded to the gunwhales.

antimony
    Free Member

Easy to drive = automatic??
    I was never a fan but I’m completely bowled over by the missus auto BMW. It’s an 8 speed ZF, changes are almost seamless and econony is exactly the same as the manual. It is effortless to drive whether on a busy motorway or in town.

spooky_b329

Civic.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mrs Coolhandluke loves her (gopping) mini countryman.

To very fair, it’s cheap on diesel, road tax is peanuts and it drives lovely.

Trekster

Kia Carens?
    Considering you have kids etc you need something “tall”. We wish the SUV had been “invented” when we had ours, bad backs etc. This is something we realised when grandkids came along and we had a Touran 🙂
    Berlingo
    Roomster
    Yeti
    Altea
    Doblo
    Touran
    Zafira

MrsT is not the tallest and had always had a fear of “large” cars until she had to use hire cars for work. After driving an XTrail and a Mondieo estate she changed her mind . Our first “big” car being the Touran followed by 2 Sorrentos :D. She has no intention of parting with the current one

chewkw
    Free Member

Suzuki Swift.
    Toyota Auris.

Get one with automatic gear. 😛

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Car suggestions for my wife please’ is closed to new replies.