Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car stereo head unit question.
  • Olly
    Free Member

Yo ho, this old chestnut again.

my (post facelift) 307 wont take an aftermarket head unit, as it has the controls for the clock, and the parking sensors, and the autolights and all that jazz, on the front of the stereo.

(it would probably accept the unit, but having a permanently wrong clock would drive me spare)
    it does however have a borked cdchanger.

does anyone know, if it is possible to connect an aftermarket head unit, as a slave device (onto the cd changer input basicly)

that way, i can select “cd changer” on the OE unit, and then use the aftermarked unit as normal.

(its a double DIN slot btw, the aftermarket unit isnt going in the glovebox or anything stupid)

tron
    Free Member

There are loads of adaptors available for exactly this purpose. Look up Car Audio Direct on Google.

Olly
    Free Member

ive not seen that website before.

all greek to me though!
    ive no idea what i need.

ideally ide like to be able to just replace the old head unit, but im coming to the conclusion its just not possible.

Cougar

Seems you can add an ‘adapter’ which moves the controls to a stalk on the steering column.

http://www.peugeotcentral.co.uk/ftopic-11332.html

Olly
    Free Member

i saw that on my travels, and tried to post to that thread, but its limited to 5 posts and then you have to pay to be a member.

thats an old type 307, where by the clock controls are on the clock itself. (same as the 206 i salvaged the head unit from)

no one seems to know how you set the clock when the buttons are on the head unit, after you have pulled the head unit out.
    i will call car audio direct tommorow i reckon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car stereo head unit question.’ is closed to new replies.