Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Car service help please.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Mechanic types would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a Mazda 6, its just over 4 yrs old and has done 66k. High mileage original lease ownership. Every stamp in the book and all services done on 12k as opposed to year obviously.
    I last had it serviced at 61k about 10/11 months ago. It’s next proper interval would be 70k or 5 years, however its not reached either of these as you can see. The only reason I ask is the next official one is a big one. Circa £700 ish.
    Could I hang on another year by doing a basic interim service (oil/filters etc) then actually do it at 70k/5 years or is it best to do it now?
    Sorry for the waffle, just trying to put off the “big one”

andyl
    Free Member

is it under any warranty?

wrightyson
    Free Member

No.

andyl
    Free Member

What is your annual mileage?

If you only do <8k a year then I would just do an extra basic service and then do the full one at 5 years and nearly 70k.

If you do >8k then just do it now. It’s not going to hurt to do it early. (except your wallet)

wombat

Which engine is it?

Assuming it’s a diesel I have the same car (ex demo, mine for the last 70k miles) on an 09 plate and the last service it had was the 75k service and it cost me IIRC £350.

Like yours it’s always been serviced on time or a little early at a main dealer.

Has yours had the recall works done on the timing chain (would have been about 3 years ago IIRC)?

wrightyson
    Free Member

No mention of recall works. Think it may have have been after those problems? It’s the 2.2d. We do no more than 6k a year.

wombat

Same engine as mine.

I think a sizeable part of the 75k service is checking the valve clearences, not in itself a dificult task, juts time consuming.

Mine’s in for the next service tomorrow, same main dealer, and I’ve been quoted £153 all in so at least the next one’s cheaper

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wombat was that main dealer? I’ve rang two and its come out at 700 ish. I’m more than happy with £350 to be fair.

wombat

Yes, it was a main dealer, Jennings in Middlesbrough. I can check the exact price in the morning.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’d be great wombat if you don’t mind. Think I’m currently at 65k and 4 yrs 2 months old, its the sport 182 brake version. Last service was the 60k. As they don’t come with a service book it’s hard to know what needs doing.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Service on mileage or age whichever comes first. Your service book will state that service periods should not exceed one year or the mileage schedule so you are due the next service which either way is 5 yr/70k miles

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Car service help please.’ is closed to new replies.