Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Car seats – replacement needed. Where from?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

I’m sick and tired fo Mrs Hairychested’s moaning how uncomfortable her seat is. She doesn’t want to change the car, doesn’t want a new seat, only whinges and complains. So I’ve decided I NEED a new seat. Comfortable, supportive around the lumbar region, and best/worst of all… it needs to fit a Peugeot 406 Mk1.
    Where can I get something like that?

andrewh
    Free Member

Repmobile from a scrappy?
    If hers has been sat in a lot it may have collapsed a bit, not saying she’s fat or anything, it just happens on older cars. Repmobile that only ever had a driver in it should have a comfy new passenger seat.
    Likewise, if the driver’s seat required, you don’t say if it’s her car, then a low-milage write-off should have a comfier driver’s seat you can have.

Hairychested
    Free Member

The issue here is this: the Pug 406 has an uncomfortable shape of the seats. They haven’t collapsed but after a couple of hours you need a physio session. I’d spend a bit to get Recaro or alike but in the bleeding Eire nobody seems to be able to help. I can happily drive over to the Mainland 😉 to have them fitted.

mrmo
    Free Member

are there any other Pegeout/Citroen cars built on the same platform that could act as a donor.

Hairychested
    Free Member

There might well be, but even a new Pug has cushy not supportive seats, I tested some recently. There are loads that’ll fit a 306 so I’m checking their fitting of 406. Those that use subframes should be do-able, fingers crossed.

midlifecrashes
    Hairychested
    Free Member

The shape is exactly the same as mine – not comfortable at all. I’ve emailed http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk but they haven’t responded yet.
    There must be a way of attaching an aftermarket seat, mustn’t there?

mrmo
    Free Member

There must be a way of attaching an aftermarket seat, mustn’t there?

Not knowing how the seats are fitted, but on the basis that they are bolted in place, it will be possible to fit something, even if it is a case of bodging a frame to link the seat to the mounting holes.

rob1984p
    Free Member

you can buy subframes to fit after market seats to many cars, I don’t know about the 406 though and i’d of thought that its gonna cost a lot of money to get a new seat and fitting kit.

Just an idea, go to the scrappy, sit in loads of seats until you find one you like, buy it and also another 406 seat then cut and weld the subframes so the seat fits your car. That way when you sell the car you can put the original unbastardised seat back in.

Start asking people with dirty hands if they have a sticky metal machine and want to do a cash job for you.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Rob, you might have just found me something to do over the next few days, thanks!

nickjb
    Free Member

That’s what we did. Tried loads out in the scrappy then cut and shut to have Vauxhall repmobile seats in our Transit camper.

Spongebob
    Free Member

French car seats feel very comfy when you first sit on them. I had two peugeot 405’s (second one was foisted on me). Both resulted in me having a bad back.

Cougar

I might be being a bit thick here, but wouldn’t a couple of cushions fix the problem?

spooky_b329

Just change the car. Much easier 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Cougar, you aren’t thick, I’m emotionally attached to the Pug 😉
    Spooky_b329, not when you’re in Eire and the prices here are, hmmm… interesting at times. Besides, I want a new Scirocco and am only 25k Euro behind. Want to help?
    Spongebob’s right, they feel fine when you try them, but aren’t after a while.

Hairychested
    Free Member

If I were in the Old Blighty there’re so many Recaro’s on ebay it’s unreal. Here, in the land of Gaelic football domination it’s not so easy. Should’ve looked into it last year, damn me!

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’d just head straight for a Saab or Volvo in the scrappy. My Volvo V50 hasn’t left me with any complaints over 130,000 miles and Saab are reknowned for their seat comfort.

Militant_biker

My 2p – comfiest seats I’ve ever had the pleasure of sticking my bum on have been in 3 different Audis.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Car seats – replacement needed. Where from?’ is closed to new replies.