Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car Scrappage – Who offers it for cars less than 10 years old?
  • Houns

My car has died, it's 9 years old. Going to cost more to fix than its probably worth.
    I remember seeing adverts in papers for a couple of manufacturers who offer the scheme for cars under the 10 year cut off, but i can't remember who they were..Anyone know?

Ta

Smee
    Free Member

Nissan do it.

colande
    Free Member

i wouldnt bother
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Govt-Cash-For-Bangers-Car-Scrappage-Scheme-Leaves-People-No-Better-Off-On-Some-Models-Says-Which/Article/200907415350007?f=rss

i reckon before the scheme came in you could probably get £2000 off the list price anyway, it was that bad for the motor industry.

it makes more sense to buy 2nd hand shirley!

miketually
    Free Member

Is it not cheaper to buy a 1 year old car without scrappage than a new one with?

aracer
    Free Member

Is it not cheaper to buy a 1 year old car without scrappage than a new one with?

Indeed – if you're on a budget, then unless you actually want to buy one of the cheapest new cars going then it still makes no sense financially to buy new even with £2k off, particularly given you don't get some of the deals you get if you're not doing the scrappage scheme. I've got a car that's eligible, and worth little enough that I even wonder about the financial merits of buying new keys for it, yet if I was to replace it I'd want something at least as big, so would need to spend £12k+ even with scrappage allowance – no way I'm spending that much (current car was £10k at 18 months against a new list of £18k).

You do know the scrappage scheme is all a bit of sleight of hand?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car Scrappage – Who offers it for cars less than 10 years old?’ is closed to new replies.