Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Car restoration shows
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Is anyone else obsessed with the likes of: Counting Cars, Fast ‘n Loud, Wheeler Dealers and the like?? It’s all I seem to be watching lately (besides Kung Fury). For me I guess, it’s drooling over stuff I will never own. They certainly do produce some works of art (there is some guff too).

marcus7
    Free Member

I prefer the UK ones as they tend to show a bit more detail, f&l is ok but sometimes it looks like a car parts shopping show with crate motors and air ride. I like SOS as you get a bit of grease as it were ( the last one with the Alfa was very good I thought). But yeah Im an ‘any car fan’ so put up with some dross…

craigxxl
    Free Member

I like Wheeler Dealers were they gave a realistic budget, proper mechanical skills rather just replacing parts. Shane that Mike Brewer nearly always gives in when it comes to the sale.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BITD, it was all about Pimp My Ride. Especially when I saw it with a German dubbed soundtrack and heard Xzibit (gagnzta spl?) describe something orsumz as being “der hammer”.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Shane that Mike Brewer nearly always gives in when it comes to the sale.

He is a terrible sales man 😆

Mike:I want £10000.
    Punter: I’ll give you £5000
    Mike: DEAL!!!!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

For some reason I’m loving Fast n Loud at the moment…. probably fake but who cares it’s great to watch.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Wheeler dealers drives me crackers. Mike brewer is just dreadful.
    I really enjoy car sos. Their acting is so crap it’s funny but it’s an enjoyable programme with just the right amount of engineering and twating about.
    I really enjoyed the first series of for the live of cars but theres not enough about the cars in this series.
    Recently found a few series of American Hotrod on YouTube. That’s quite a good programme if you can fast forward/mute the arguing.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Yeah love Fast n Loud but you know it’s contrived but it’s entertainment. Mike Brewer irritates me that they never seem to take the time spent fixing the vehicle into the costs.
    American Hot Rod has some great cars but the fake arguing is wearing, best of the bunch when it’s on is Overhaulin’ with Chip Foose.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Liking the new series of Wheeler Dealers now they are in the USA. Latest show when the did a Datsun 240Z was excellent. As usual Mike sold the car cheap,but the buyer was a really nice old boy. Fast And Loud another favourite too,Richard Rawlings is a real old-syle showman,but the get the much cooler,level-headed Aaron to cancel him out!. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Famtom works is the one, it seems to do more restoration than restomod than the others,

I like sin city motors too purely because the builds are out there but not unachievable.

Richard rawlings +- mike brewer . Both annoying **** .

jools182
    Free Member

Yes, I do watch a lot of them, fast n loud, car s.o.s., wheeler dealers, cars that rock, for the love of cars.

I do prefer it when they show more of the work that goes into them.

They probably make up 80% of TV that I watch

transporter13
    Free Member

+1

cdaimers

Did love the fast and loud episode when they built the wrangler jeep, wife walked in a the end when they sold it to the local hooters bar and were riding around in it with semi topless girls. Was banned for a couple of weeks from watching it….

unovolo
    Free Member

“Hold out yer hand”.
    I like the vehicles on American Hot rod but can’t stand most of the crew especially the little jobsworth Foreman bloke, sure he has Small Man Syndrome.

maccyb
    Free Member

I’d watch an edited version of Wheeler Dealers that was just Edd China showing how to fix and upgrade things in a bit more detail – they have to cut down showing what he does to fit in the Mike bits (and I guess they assume most people aren’t that interested). Edd’s a legend – would love to just seem more of him doing what he does.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Car restoration shows’ is closed to new replies.