Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car rental from Malaga airport
  • greenboy
    Free Member

Off to Spain soon, is it best to book a car via the web or do a deal at the airport when I get there?

thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

Always better via the web. I tend to use holiday autos who do price comparisons. Always worked ok so far. Also get your excess insurance online before you go, lots cheaper.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

My experience of dealing with them there (Marbesol) was not an especially pleasant one. My recommendation would be to book online and read ALL the terms and conditions. Twice.

I’m sure there are deals to be had with the right provider, but these places can be busy. I suggest you need very fluent Spanish and a lot of patience to get a good deal in person. How gutted would you be if you turned up and no one had any available cars?

Book online.

sadexpunk

just come back from la herradura area, flights were malaga airport. did a lot of research on car rentals beforehand on tripadvisor. this means ive got good news for you 🙂
    depending on your budget, helle hollis are the best and most expensive. i would have gone with them if money was no object. instead i plumped for another well recommended place which was half the price, malagacar.com. theres another firm just called malagacar i believe, which er…..arent so well recommended, so be careful. this is the correct website.

unbelievably (to me anyway) we got a nearly new megane for 98 euro for 12 days!! fuel policy was pay for half a tank, bring back empty which is fair enough. they have plenty of shuttle buses to meet at airport and take you round the corner to their office, we werent waiting any more than 20 mins i dont think and it was totally painless.

we took out the web insurance beforehand so they load your credit card. im always wary of this type of thing, but on return they barely glanced at the car, no going over it with a fine toothcomb. checked credit card when we got back, no nasty surprises, i can easily recommend these.

theres a code i used to get 10% off or something, if you decide to go with them mail me and ill see if i can find out what it was.

all the best.

theotherjonv

don’t use goldcar, unless you’ve got hours to waste on arguing over excess insurance, and the self control to not punch their reps in the face repeatedly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car rental from Malaga airport’ is closed to new replies.