Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car Radio problem – momentary station interruption
  • Stoner
    Free Member

odd little problem.

Freelander radio occasionally “blips” to an alternative station. Im assuming it’s something to do with Traffic Alerts but I have TA off. And its only a blip, it doesnt go across to the traffic station.

Does one have to live with it?

What does the “TP” motif on the display mean?

taxi25
    Free Member

The Ford one in my Mondeo does the same. It gets better if I leave it on one channel ( radio 2 ). But as soon as I change radio 2 keeps ghosting in for a split second.

Stoner
    Free Member

I prob ought to read the manual and see if I can get rid of the TP motif. Im sure its an RDS thing that I should be able to turn off, but Ive mashed all the buttons and mashed and held and nothing seems to get rid of it.

aP
    Free Member

If it’s a ford type radio can’t you press the ta button again until it disappears. Think that’s how it works on our focus. It does seem that our radio gets triggered a couple of times an hour for about a second, but not as annoying by the local radio stations that don’t press their button again after giving the traffic alert.

Stoner
    Free Member

I can get rid of the TA motif by pressing the i button. But the TP one stays put.

It does seem that our radio gets triggered a couple of times an hour for about a second

That’s just what I get. I assume its something I have to live with then?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Is it not just momentary interference?

allthepies
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car Radio problem – momentary station interruption’ is closed to new replies.