Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Car radio advice
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Other half has just come home with a flyer from Halfords. Sony CDX-GT31U for £88.08 and £19.99 for fitting. Says it was £179.99 originally. We’re just after something to play CDs and plug the ipod into. Is there anything else worth looking at or is this as good VFM as it appears?

Xan
    Free Member

if its from halfrauds then probably not. Depends on alot of other things but sounds ok. Google the model number and yot might find the same 1 cheaper. I bought a cd/bluetooth/ipod head unit a few years ago. Halfrauds wanted 500 for it and i bought it online for 220 pounds

firestarter
    Free Member

they do some good bargains really for the money but id fit it yourself and save the 20 quid it takes two mins mate

firestarter
    Free Member
    nickjb
    Free Member

USB is very handy. Better than plugging the ipod in IME. That’ll do both so you can choose, anyway. Price is OK as there is no postage and halfords are good for guarantees. Fitting can be easy, depends if your car has a standard socket for the wiring.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Excuse me if I’m being thick, but what does the USB connect do for me? I’ve got an ipod nano I was gifted by the misses and she’s got a touch. Would they just plug into the car with the same leads that plug them into the PC?

firestarter
    Free Member

i use the usb port with my little memory stick that i leave in the ashtray incase i dont take the ipod out. is only a 512kb iirc but holds about 5 albums so is very handy

Onzadog
    Free Member

That makes sense, all your tunes on one of those cheap little memory sticks. i didn’t think of that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Car radio advice’ is closed to new replies.