Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Car radiator leak fluid recommendations
  • Woody
    Free Member

Local garage says there is better stuff on the market than Radweld ie. smaller particles which have less chance of blocking cooling system but couldn’t remember the name.

Any ideas or recommendations welcome, other than welding or replacing the radiator 😉

Thanks in advance.

sidders34
    Free Member

I have heard good things about k-seal.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

there’s a slightly more expensive version of the original radweld which has worked for me better than the original version i.e. mine doesn’t leak at all now, used to loose a bit of coolant over time with the older stuff.

You’d need to see what capacity your coolant system has and as a result may only need 1/2 the bottle.

better radweld

no idea how it compares to others but is cheap and has worked 100% for me. Think you need to run the engine for 20 mins or so IIRC.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Woody
    Free Member

Cheers. Trying to avoid Radweld (even the improved one as it does t appear much different to the ordinary stuff and I daren’t risk clogging the system)

K- seal looks good, their product blurb makes sense and there are plenty local stockists so I’ll give that a try

benji
    Free Member

KSeal if that doesn’t sort it, it’s time for new parts. Just follow instructions on tub, very simple, very effective.

Depending on what you are driving you might be pleasantly surprised at the price of a radiator, some have come down to silly cheap money.

bearnecessities

turbo1397
    Free Member

yip, as above k-seal..

parkesie
    Free Member

Whats rad made from? Wheres it leaking from?

neilc1881
    Free Member

Egg +1

breadcrumb

TBH I’d just get a new radiator. Less hassle in the long run.

trail_rat
    Free Member

If your not scrapping the car any time soon forget it.

Safer just topping it up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Car radiator leak fluid recommendations’ is closed to new replies.