Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Car problems
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Car had a little ‘moment’ today. It’s a Astra 1.7l CDi Diesel. I pulled out of the parking space and it started to hesitate. Even pushing the throttle right down it wasn’t delivering any power, to the extent that it wasn’t able to make it up the car park ramp. Then it have me enough power to get up the ramp and get level. In neutral it wasn’t revving properly either.

Then after a minute it starts to behave. I was able to get home (10 miles) without a problem, accelerating normally, and on a fast bit of road, able to let the throttle out and give t a burn (as much as you can in an Astra diesel, anyway)

Any ideas?

Ta

duncancallum

Any warning lights/smoke?

matt_outandabout

When did you fill up? Check the fuel filter…

jon1973
    Free Member

No warning lights or any smoke. The car had a full service a couple of months ago, so it shouldn’t be the filter (although it is probably worth me checking it, thanks.). Filled up about 2.5 weeks ago.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Wet feet a lot recently? Throttle body/pedal issue maybe caused by moisture?

Sandwich

No guarantee the filter was changed at the service unless you marked it beforehand and checked afterwards. They are a cheap fix from Euro Car Parts to eliminate the possibility.

slackalice
    Free Member

My diesel Landy does this from time to time, it’s an 04 model. Best cure and prevention is to take it out and ‘de-coke’ it, i.e. full throttle and full revs through the gears.

Lots of soot from the exhaust ensues and then runs like a dream. Don’t drive it with a feather for a right foot 🙂

parkesie
    Free Member

Warning lights? Anything else would just be guessing. For instance the intank fuel pumps die a slow intermitent death but dont throw up any fault codes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Car problems’ is closed to new replies.