Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car Problem!
  • footstomper
    Free Member

Any Mechanics on line?
    I am having trouble with the rear lights on my car, the R/H light is a lot less bright than the the left one. I think it may be an earthing problem but I do not know what I should be looking for i.e wire/connector/other can anyone give me some advice. By the way the car is a VW Bora Sport.

Cheers.

zaskar
    Free Member

Silly Question: if you checked it has one bulb in both sides, have you tired swapping the bulbs round to mimic on opposite lights?

I would clean the contacts. Check water seals.

I had a prob with a Ford with this once and Ford fitted a new loom!
    Same result so I wired up a cable from the brake light switch to the rear lights-sorted.

footstomper
    Free Member

Silly Question: if you checked it has one bulb in both sides, have you tired swapping the bulbs round to mimic on opposite lights?

I have put a new bulb in just in case, same result. Contacts are all clean.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Grab a manual, or track down the earth point for the rear lighting, it’ll be somewhere near the back of the boot and fairly obvious if you pull out a few panels.

zaskar
    Free Member

Yep sounds like dodgy earth. Normally bolted in the rear somewhere.

My old mans Beemer has the same prob, put a new (crimp)loop terminal and cleaned up the earth contact and bingo.

footstomper
    Free Member

Cheers

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Another quick one to check is that the brighter bulb isn’t a stop/tail lamop and been fitted the wrong way round as i have seen a lot likt this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car Problem!’ is closed to new replies.