Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Car Opinions: Accord or Passat?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    And mine , and it still isnt as big as the accord estate. It fits my dh bike in the boot seats down, straight in no wheels off or anything.

Well, just a suggestion as I prefer Toyota. 🙂

Cougar

after four and a bit years of ownership it is the only car I have owned that I have not felt like I really want to get rid of at any point

+1. Had my Mondeo for coming up to four years and it’s likely to be replaced by another one.

Had a Passat before that; couldn’t fault it either, but the cockpit in the Mondy is light years ahead of the VW. I sat in a new Passat recently and it still looks like it was designed in 1990.

chewkw
    Free Member

Cougar,

I prefer the Passat 2012 over …

Mondeo 2012.

Cougar

Hm,

My Mondeo doesn’t look anything like that. Interesting.

Bregante

Because its actually a Volvo?

Bregante

And to answer the o.p Honda all the way. My FrV has been outstanding in six years of ownership. Can’t see myself selling it for another 3 or 4 years yet.

samuri
    Free Member

That’s another thing. Honda servicing is incredibly cheap and they valet the car for you for free. Parts cost buttons too.

angeldust
    Free Member

I had a 55 plate 2.2CTDI Accord Tourer from new for 3 years, and about 50000 miles. It was a good car, 100% reliable, huge boot, and not bad to drive. At the time this was supposed to be the most economic diesel out there. Only got near the combined mpg figure by driving very, very gently. Honda dealers not great in my experience.

Only negative for me was that after 3 years, despite being very well looked after, the car started feeling old to me (noisy, baggy and worn). At the time, this was supposed to be one of the most refined diesel engines out there (they don’t claim that any more as everyone else has moved on…), but my last two new cars have been petrols, which I prefer (my annual mileage has also reduced btw).

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m a fussy sod when in comes to interiors, and I am very pleased with my now 6year old 85k Passat.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

An old Accord may well have depreciated more than a passat so you will get more for your money if you only have £3k.

toys19
    Free Member

I reckon accords hold their value better than passats..

Elmo
    Free Member

I do like them both.
    I’m currently asking questions on the Accord forums about the diesel chain problems.
    That could sway my decision.
    Unless a nice mondeo turns up soon!

sambob
    Free Member

Old Audi. 1995 A6, 275k miles, 210k on the current engine, which was changed before we bought it. Never replaced anything, still does 45mpg and is probably about £800.

tonyg2003

I had two MKv11 Accord over the course of 5 years and drove 120-130K in them. One company car and one private, with company Passats before them.

The Accords blew lots of light bulbs and both had cracked exhuast manifolds (Honda still repair these under warranty). The Accord clutch has better life than Civics and I didn’t replace a single one. The VSA issue seems fairly rare on TypeAccord too. Really I had very little go wrong on the Accords. Especially no electical niggles etc..We have a MKviii now.

If I had the choice I’d get the Accord. They seem reliable for a tdi, handle very much better than Passats.

sfxer
    Free Member

I have an accord type r, best car I’ve ever had, I’m on my second one only cos the mileage of the first got into starship figures.

Superb car and better than any passant I’ve ever been in, I love my vw t5 but they don’t make cars so well.

Honda all the way Ü

Elmo
    Free Member

MMM, forum advice seems to be full decent service history, with the right oil. Ideally hang out for one with the work already done 😕

Oh well search will continue!

chewkw
    Free Member

Bregante – Member

D’oh! Wrong picture link … Well Passat 2012 still looks better IMO but then I don’t really electronic gadgets in car and rather prefer plain looking ones …

Well, my choice is Toyota Avensis … 😆

bland

I bought an 07 accord diesel tourer for £3900 plus a 52 plate golf GTTdi with no oil in the gearbox

Its a great car, no more boring than a passat, infact a bit sharper id say.

Has ALL of the toys too, literally everything, something like £37K when new, 4 years straight from lease.

Had the manifold replaced FOC by Honda, have the callipers to sort out at the rear, but otherwise look at honest Johns for a list of problems with the equivalent passat, it runs into pages as oppose to about 6 things with the accord.

All of the passats i was interested in at the time were either on 3 owners in 4 years, in the garage getting their park brake fixed or strangely had no repair paperwork with them at all, as if everything had been disposed of

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Car Opinions: Accord or Passat?’ is closed to new replies.