Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • car load bay/boot protectors.
  • smogmonster

Any of you help with this? I have, for my sins, an Insignia Estate that I want to save from being wrecked by muddy and/or pointy bits that go hand in hand with mountain biking. I have a roof rack but i have never been comfortable with my bikes on the roof so I want something to protect the loadbay. Ideally it will protect both with seats up and down, and the sides and ends, not just the floor. Anyone have something that meets my needs, or recommend somewhere that does?

garage-dweller

Tarpaulin + careful loading. A lot of liners i have seen are not much better material unless you are prepared to spend over a ton. With an eyeletted one of the right dimensions you could probably fix round headrests etc so it doesnt move. I wedge one into the tight gap at the base of my rear seat.

nickdavies

Boot buddy, know someone with an insignia tourer and one and reckons its great. Copes with usual crap in boot then extends when the seats are down.

Northwind

Big tarp- nice heavy duty one so it stays where it’s put, much better than a cheap crinkly one. Spent a little time taping mine up into the perfect “tub” for the boot, makes things easier in the long run

smogmonster

Cheers guys, much appreciated. Nickdavies…thats exactly what i was after, perfect. TVM.

IA

Hard to describe, but I cut a tarp to shape, then have some ~1cm thick patterned rubber sheeting the shape of the boot floor I put on top of it. Then the tarp is eyeletted and attached to the tie down points.

The rubber stops it getting pulled out of place and ripped etc, and then i can put the seats down/out and flap the spare tarp forward. I’ve some bungee cord thru eyelets at the front of the tarp to hook round the front seat headrests.

Works well, and cheap. If any of that made sense!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Also try hatchbag.co.uk

gonzy
    Free Member

i use 2 things…i have a sheet of (gore-tex type) waterproof material…its a large sheet which works well during winter….dont know who the manufacturer is but i got it from my last place of work as they were binning it…i also use an old shower curtain during the summer when a wet and muddy bike isnt an issue…does the job well

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘car load bay/boot protectors.’ is closed to new replies.