Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Car leasing- talk to me about Volvos
  • alwillis

We can get what I think is a good deal on a V40 locally, and having taken a tape measure to the boot with and without seats it seems to be big enough for occasional bike duties (sometimes one bike, rarely two, once a year 3). But does anyone have and use one??

Even better would be a V60, I’m assuming as a mid size estate they are dream bike sized cars, but they aren’t quite as cheap!!

aP
    Free Member

Chinese Ford Focus isn’t it?

takisawa2

Boot on our Focus is crap. Glovebox on my Galaxy is bigger.
    It’s nice to travel in though.

somouk
    Free Member

From memory the V40 boot opening is quite an awkward shape on the new ones and quite narrow for getting bikes in and out. Worth taking the biggest bike to a dealer to try it?

peekay

I was looking at Volvos recently.

Took medium sized road bike to the dealers to try the boots.

With the wheels on it didn’t fit in the V40. Just about fitted with front wheel off

Wheels on it fitted in the V60, although one of the wheels was resting against the back of the front seats. Slightly awkward narrow boot entry. Seemed comparable in length to my pervious Octavia estate, but a much smaller and less practically shaped opening. Would probably be fine for the use you want.

V70 luxuriously large. Would probably fit MTB with both wheels on. Bought a V70.

matt_outandabout

I have a friend who I canoe with, so do regular shuttles in his V40.

Lovely car. But the boot is (as said above) more like a glovebox….

hammerite
    Free Member

We have a V40. Lovely to drive and travel in, never put a bike in it though as we also have a van for that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice car, I’m thinking of chopping/downgrading to a V40 from an XC60.

I’ve done some calculations and I can get a bike in the back, front wheel off it’s tight, both wheels off much better. The front seat doesn’t fold flat so anything like a surfboard will need to go on the roof. Not optimistic about more than one bike in the back, the boot load aperture is oddly shaped, would mean both wheels off, add some small luggage in the equation and it’ll be pretty much full.

Don’t need the bulk of a big car any more, and the journeys I do now are a lot smaller.

Saccades
    Free Member

Dunno how similar the v40 is the v60 but the regular lights are a bit “mleh” compared to the mondeo I had.

I’ve bought a internal cover for the back of the v60, £100 or so with an extension for when the seats are down, which is a godsend.

Lovely car even if the wingmirror covers are stupidly expensive.

shuhockey
    Free Member

Looking at piston heads lease thread, there are some really good deals on xc60 so I wouldn’t hang around if you want one. Face change coming this year is the reason.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Car leasing- talk to me about Volvos’ is closed to new replies.