Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • car leasing, how does it work?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

My current BMW got a free SATNAV package purely because it increases the residuals so much.

hora
    Free Member

One very important thing.

Take out lease GAP insurance. This isn’t a recommendation, it is essential.

When I was given my lease car Citroen also gave me an invoice receipt for the full price of the car+ extras. If I crashed the car say with a few months my insurer would have paid out the market rate. The lease company would look to recover from you the price they value the car at. Thats a big gap to factor into your budget.

If you have a lease car currently without GAP- seriously get it now. Don’t chance it.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-leasing/car-leasing-guide/gap-insurance.php

moshimonster
    Free Member

If you want a specific model, then leasing can be expensive. In this case, look around and see if there is a deal available somewhere. Also worth noting that some deals are business only.

If you are flexible with make/model, then you can get really good deals.

I’d agree with that. Sometimes the lease/finance deals can be heavily manufacturer subsidised. BMW sometimes do effectively half price lease deals on certain models to get them rolling. A client of mine is the DP at a BMW franchise and is always trying to get me into one. But still prefer to buy cars outright in general and have done with the last few.

moshimonster
    Free Member

But it was a discounted model £16000 to spec it up – I paid £12500 with 6% from a dealer.

So presumably if you had paid off the finance instantly, you would have saved 6% pa. Or are you getting >6% interest in your bank account? If the latter please point me in the direction of your bank so I can move all our savings there.

redstripe
    Free Member

some examples here of ‘special’ lease deals to give an idea
    http://www.dsgauto.com/car_leasing-special-offers.html

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Should retail at 12.5 k so I will have a bit of equity in the car as opposed to nothing If I lease

Retail price is a lot different to trade in price. Are you sure you’d have that kind of equity?

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve been keeping an eye on PH thread:

PistonHeads: Best Lease Car Deals Available

There seems to be a lot of cheap Golf R’s on lease.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘car leasing, how does it work?’ is closed to new replies.