Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Car issue: Rear wiper stopped working
  • plecostomus
    Free Member

The missus has a 57 vw polo the rear wiper has stopped working, if its a fuse issue how do I know which fuse to replace so I can try this before taking to local garage.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Fuse board will have it listed on which one it is. Take it out and see if its blown, simples. Check the car handbook for location. my daughters older Polo was under the steering column and the panel flipped down.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Fuse box cover normally has a key to show the relevant fuse or relay

Junkyard
    Free Member

Might not be the fuse ??When mine broke the cheap plastic wiper bit was simply worn and the motor was working and the wiper was not moving – not sure how it works on yours though as different car

Remove fuse box and the lid should tell you what does what

or
    http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/f32/vw-polo-fuse-box-layout-6214.html

Failing that take them out one by one and see if any are blown is probably as quick as searching [ except I did this for you ]

cuckoo
    Free Member

mine seized up a few weeks ago. it was nothing more than quite a few years of crap having dried up and locked the mechanism. spraying a load of wd40 into the moving parts and allowing 24hours to soak in was enough to start it working again.

petrieboy

if the design of the motor is the same as the one in my Audi, the washer hose leaks onto the motor over time shorting it out. I live without now.

nosedive
    Free Member

on mine the the motor was knacked after wash fluid had leaked on it. that was a £240 bill i could have done without

plecostomus
    Free Member

It’s a fuse! Thanks for the help trip to halfords tomorrow, cheers chaps.

PePPeR

It’ll probably blow again due to the above mentioned issue…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Car issue: Rear wiper stopped working’ is closed to new replies.