Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Car is stuck in snow – any tips to get it out!!
  • hora
    Free Member

Trade it in and buy a Land Rover

Would it get up a snowy icey slope?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

"wheels spinning like ****"

The only reason the wheels are spinning like **** is because your pressing the accelerator pedal… quite simple I would have thought.

As has been said above if you cant work out how to get it moving then don't drive, it will be safer for everyone.

I cant see why you can't get a fwd car to move downhill you really must have done some fantastic wheelspinning to start with to bed yourself in so much…

Just like the numpty woman who was trying to drive past our work with the handbrake full on and front wheels spinning like mad this morning… unless she was just trying to do handbrake turns and is still learning how to do them ?!?

uplink
    Free Member

The only reason the wheels are spinning like **** is because your pressing the accelerator pedal… quite simple I would have thought.

see my comment from earlier

The other day mine was spinning the wheels in 2nd on idle with all feet off the pedals
    Damn those torquey diesels

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Smee
    Free Member

You see the pedal on the left – it's the one that makes the car go – it also makes the wheels spin – use it delicately and you will have no problems.

uplink
    Free Member

You see the pedal on the left – it's the one that makes the car go

Not in my car

Smee
    Free Member

Uplink – all the pedals in a car make it go depending on how you use them.

MrNutt
    Free Member

have you considered lighting a series of enormous fires above it thus melting the snow around your car with the resultant warm water, be quick though! 😀

dmiller
    Free Member

Just like the numpty woman who was trying to drive past our work with the handbrake full on and front wheels spinning like mad this morning

This happened to my car (I wasnt driving, near it or involved) I reckon – the rear drums, shoes and tyres are destroyed. Its a corsa and I think the person borrowing it put the handbrake on when they parked it and didnt realise that the handbrake froze on and thought they were stuck in snow so gunned it up the road…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Wee pete and his landrover a few days back 😉

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Rob, if you were anywhere near me I'd fire up the old Quattro and drag you out.

I'm near Glasgow BTW

racing_ralph
    Free Member

its all sorted now ta – dug out 🙂

bonj
    Free Member

flamethrower/blowtorch? that'll melt the snow fast. failing that hairdryer on full blast but it may take a while, i wouldn't know

Olly
    Free Member

you are facing downhill, on a slope, i presume you are trying to reverse out?
    i dont THINK youve specified anywhere?
    if not, dig out infront of the car, and let it go!

in my experience, the best thing to use would be a grenade or 2?

we got a warthog stuck on a slippy slope once in halo, but a few grenade under it got it out of the hole and then we flipped it back over with out bare hands and continued on our way (inflicting the gaus cannon on americans)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

No probs Rob.

I remember in my old mk2 Golf driving 120 miles home from my parents (who get proper snow, huge drifts etc as they're out in the middle of nowhere) through blizzards, taking it easy and it must have been around 3 and a half to four hours only to get stuck 3 metres from my drive in my own street! LOL

Good times…

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Car is stuck in snow – any tips to get it out!!’ is closed to new replies.