Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Car interior cleaning products that work?
  • cinnamon_girl

Recommendations for both upholstery and plastic trim.

Thanks. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

singletrackmind to the forum!!

cinnamon_girl

Spill the beans please Dez. 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slowoldgit
    Free Member

The stuff the E Europeans use at my local car wash, along with some effort: seven quid for the interior.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Autoglym is very good. There was a thread on leather cleaner which recommended another brand, if you need that for any of your gear 😉

I think technique and taking the time to do the job properly is more important that the specific product.

molgrips
    Free Member

Did you shoot someone again?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Pulp Fiction GIF needed

theteaboy
    Free Member

Tesco value baby wipes are infused with some sort of magical qualities.

cinnamon_girl

Leather upholstery in my car? 😆 It’s time-consuming enough with two leather sofas indoors. 😉

Being a regular visitor to the tip has taken its toll as well as just being a lazy cah.

cinnamon_girl

Did you shoot someone again?

Haven’t handled a gun for a good few years!

molgrips
    Free Member

Snigger

singletrackmind

You need to get some Auto smart interior detailing liquid.
    Its applied with a trigger spray and you work it into the fabric with a nail brush. Then rub down with an old towel
    Works on leather , cloth and plastic, will do the headlining as well.

Any decent valet bay should stock some. I have a load thats yours for free if you can to work at some point.
    Pretty sure its BioBrisk I have , leaves a nice clean smell too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

White lightening brake cleaner removes oil from light grey upholstry and cream roof ……

Dunno if it disolves the upholstry shortly after ……. Flogged it

DezB
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Spill the beans please Dez.

^^ There you go! The story of his new motor bought from, er travellers or a farmer or something 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Either cheap Asda multi surface cleaner wipe things in lemon flavour. Tho works very well and leaves a fresh smell, however if any rain drops hit the interior a weird residue is left.

Recently I have been using Dove hand was with water. Works very well and no residue.

Of course both the above leave a nice natural matt finish, not the awful gloss finish some car products do.

nealglover
    Free Member

Any product that’s used on upholstery without an extraction machine to remove it (along with the dirt) isn’t really doing the job properly. It’s just moving the dirt around, not removing it.

You could rent a RugDoctor machine and use the hand attachment that comes with it.

But unless you need your house carpets cleaning as well, that will cost almost as much as getting a Valeter round to do the whole car and have it spotless.

I would have charged (when I was Valeting) something like £60 for a full interior/exterior, wet vac/extraction machine, wax, polish etc etc.

And with a van full of expensive machines and all the chemicals you could ever need, and the experience to know how to do it properly, it would be spotless afterwards !

st

I’ve used Halfords own brand upholstery cleaner over the years and it’s worked a treat. Use a stiff-ish brush to agitate it and leave it to dry (contrary to the instructions)

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/upholstery-leather-cleaner/halfords-upholstery-cleaner-500ml

I’ve used on seats and pale headliners and it’s dealt with light stains on a new BMW interiors, a really grubby old accident repair Nova years ago and more recently the cab headlining on my ex-RAC Transporter.

Sui
    Free Member

Rug doctor and mums Henry.. 8)

Suggsey
    Free Member

Rug Doctors brilliant from experience bought a very dirty filthy Fiesta for my daughter, but of hard work for a few hours one afternoon and got it looking and smelling brand new inside.

GolfChick
    Free Member

meguiars window cleaner is fantastic stuff, in terms of upholstery the best technique we have is to borrow a wet vacuum with some cleaner in the solution and give the sets a hoover. Brings them up sparkly!

cinnamon_girl

Thanks all, some good info there. 8) Will update!

JulianA
    Free Member

More road kill problems?

somouk
    Free Member

I used to do a lot of detailing and have tried a lot of products over the years but now always stick to a few of the best…

Gliptone on leather, Meguiars APC on everything else inside, Autoglym fastglass on the glass and Zymol Glasur on the paint.

Extractors do help a lot with cloth interiors but be careful with the detergents they provide.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There no short cut to keeping anything clean. The only way to keep it clean is to keep cleaning it. Cars especially.
    🙂

back2basics
    Free Member

on stubbon stains on plastics, cheap Cif !!!!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

You know those anti-static cloth inserts for broom things? Swiffers, I call them.

They’re great for plastic surfaces – wipe the dust off, make it look like new (as long as it’s not covered in greasy stains) and don’t leave it looking artificially shiny. Very easy, no products involved, just wipe and smile.

Also good for windscreens. Don’t forget to clean the inside, it’s surprising how dirty they get there.

globalti
    Free Member

That grey mist that accumulates on the insides of the windows is plasticiser film, it’s the plasticiser migrating out of the vinyls and it’s the last problem the car manufacturers really haven’t been able to solve at all. I keep my windows spotless inside so I have a better chance of spotting cyclists without lights.

Sui
    Free Member

That grey mist that accumulates on the insides of the windows is plasticiser film, it’s the plasticiser migrating out of the vinyls and it’s the last problem the car manufacturers really haven’t been able to solve at all

i never knew that… everyday is a school day. i thought it was gunk from the airvents!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That grey mist that accumulates on the insides of the windows is plasticiser film, it’s the plasticiser migrating out of the vinyls and it’s the last problem the car manufacturers really haven’t been able to solve at all

So that means its getting inside your lungs too then ??? 😯

cinnamon_girl

Just an update from this lazy cah … Autoglym has done a sterling job on both upholstery and carpets. Just left with some ground-in sand on the carpet that it won’t shift, might need to try a third time.

Used the Autoglym glass cleaner too and they’re now all sparkly.

That leaves the outside to be done.

Thanks again. 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Car interior cleaning products that work?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts