Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Car insurance…oof, that hurt…
  • johnners
    Free Member

Mine went up a fair bit this year too, then I had a claim, then I swapped the focus for a 3 series, not looking forward to next year much

Swapping my Mondeo for a 3 series this year put mine up 70% (without having a claim) so brace yourself!

chewkw
    Free Member

Mine might go up next year coz a woman’s car just got heavily scratched by the big wheel lorry in front of my flat (not far from where I park). It is her fault coz she did not parking properly so the lorry had to squeeze through but got stuck instead.

… AA here now to take photos etc for insurance claim I guess … 🙄

wilburt
    Free Member

Most insurers will now be using credit score as a rating factor.

DrP

So it seems I may be in my own boat…
    It would be interesting to REMOVE the wife from the equations?
    She’s racked up an almost similar cost in speeding fines and parking fines.. Oh well 😉

DrP

nealglover
    Free Member

Mines never been cheaper!

We have one car (Yaris 2008), one panel van (Merc Vito 2012), and a VW Multivan (2001 left hand drive). Total cost for all three (fully comp with both of us as named drivers) is £ 590 😆

I paid roughly that for each vehicle not all that long ago. !

br
    Free Member

Premiums aren’t really linked to the car been insured, more to the driver.

The wife and I are both insured on each others cars, and both are fully comp with business cover and £0 excess.

£20k Freelander 2 = £180
    £2k Vectra = £175

Both were renewed in June, but we’ve just swapped the Vectra for +£50k 435d, premium is now £300.

IMO risk is all about running into someone and causing vast personal injuries.

iainc

interesting. I currently have a company car, which goes back end of Feb and I am buying a new car. Wife’s Soul is insured in my name, her as main driver, and policy renewed at similar cost to previous, last week. She had a bump yesterday, with light damage to her car and a parked car, so wholly her fault 🙁

We are with Admiral and are planning on approaching them for a multi-car deal. Her NCD is protected, but I imagine they will rack up the price on the new car cover ???

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Both ours are around £200 – £250. And have been for a few years.

The moral is, don’t have an accident.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance…oof, that hurt…’ is closed to new replies.