• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Car Insurance/financial regulations grrrrrr
  • Woody
    Free Member

Started off with the renewal premium (Elephant policy) on my daughters car more than doubling to nearly a grand. This, despite having no claims AND moving back to Durham and parked overnight in a garage, as opposed to on street parking in Battersea! Now, my ex-missus had omitted to tell me the renewal had come in and the first I knew of it was when over £100 was d/d from my bank account. No problem, I'll get an online quote, phone Elephant and beat them down to a reasonable level same as last year….easy…Oh no…

you're one day too late Sir, you have 14 days from renewal date for any queries
    Ok I appreciate that, can you do anything about it
    No
    You'll lose my business
    I'll talk to my supervisor……10 minutes(at 8p per minute)later sorry, definitely can't do anything
    Cancel the policy then please.
    We'll need the policy holders permission
    She's in Thailand
    Can she phone?
    Last I heard she was in a jungle doing something with elephants (the irony was completely missed)
    Can she call us
    I'll try. Goodbye

By pure luck, she sent me a message and I asked her to try to cancel the policy, not holding out much hope to be honest.

Today, I received confirmation the policy was cancelled, a week ago!!! New quote just over £400. Excellent. Tried to pay monthly online….no f$%"*^ng chance
    Phoned up insurance company`(nameless at this stage)

Hello can I set up a d/d for my daughters car insurance please.
    Is the policy in your name Sir?
    No, it her policy, in her name, for her car.
    Sorry Sir, we can't do it?
    Why not?
    Financial regulations blah blah blah…..if you don't pay, then her credit rating suffers.
    She's a student
    Doesn't matter
    How can her credit rating suffer, you are getting 2 months up front and then if the monthly payment doesn't go through, the insurance is cancelled, end of !!
    I'll ask my supervisor …another 10 minutes at 8p p/min
    Sorry can't do it.
    Look (trying very hard to keep calm by this point) she is back tomorrow night, if I pay you now and set up the d/d, she can confirm that it is ok on Thursday
    Sorry, we need her permission to set it up
    No problem, I get paid tomorrow so I'll just give xxxx insurance company a call as they were only £2 more expensive and I'll pay the whole premium at once. Bye
    Sir, if you hold on I'll talk to my supervisor again
    No it's alright, forget it, at 8p per/min it'll be cheaper for me to go to the other company
    Please hold Sir (I can hear the panic mounting)
    No thanks….click

£*^$£"%^*(*^%%$$ I could never make it as a criminal, I can't even GIVE people money, never mind steal it 👿

Bolloqs to it all, I'm going out on my bike 8)

dave360

elf n safety innit

br
    Free Member

I organise and pay for all my wifes' (different surname though) various policies, never had a problem. Maybe its a spouse thing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Car Insurance/financial regulations grrrrrr’ is closed to new replies.