Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Car insurance – WTF!!!
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Wife got her (our) car insurance renewal through, gone up by £350 a year, they say that prices have rocketed due to all the personal injury claims.
    Am now struggling to get a decent quote anywhere!!

the-muffin-man

Mine went up by about a tenner!

nickjb
    Free Member

They always sting you on renewals. You have to shop around, then they’ll probably match it. Its a pain but they rely on laziness

Jammy111
    Free Member

mine went down about 70 quid and im a 21 year old bloke 😀

user-removed
    Free Member

Aye – there was a prog on Radio 4 about massive hikes in insurance for exactly the reason you mention. Mine just renewed at £2 more than last year but mrs-removed’s went up by £150 (she had a crash two years ago which might explain the rise).

EDIT: and she did shop around. A lot. To the point where I snapped at her for hogging the laptop for three evenings in a row and being uncivil 🙂

Admiralable
    Free Member
    Teetosugars
    Free Member

Thank god for company cars….. 😉

BigJohn

Stop spending all your bloody money on wall to wall crap annoying adverts on every sodding TV channel then you wouldn’t have to put your premiums up.

hora
    Free Member

Change suppliers. Every (existing insurer) renewal I’ve gotten has been uncompetitive. They rely on people being lazy and fed nonsense to stay.

AA offered me £1,300 to renew on a MX5 that I had insured through them for £500 once. It was ridiculous. They still send the mailer/junk through with this figure on as well….5yrs on

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My wife’s has just gone down by £4 a month, despite my having an (at fault) accident and adding two more drivers to the policy (her mum and dad(. (Ford Insure)

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

First year mine’s ever gone up…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

what car do you drive Matt?

Drac

It’s the people trying claim of others for reversing into skips I reckon.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mines marginaly up on last year, annoying as I was hoping the car would be working and I could drive it up to mum and dads an leave it in the garrage over the winter 🙁

Might ring arround and see if anyone will insure it for just a couple of days.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

what car do you drive Matt?

A black one.

jon1973
    Free Member

I normally switch insurers every year to get the best deal. Renewal quotes are always unreasonable. Using the comparison websites my premium doesn’t usually go up year on year. That goes for the home insurance as well as the car.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance – WTF!!!’ is closed to new replies.