Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Car insurance – views?
  • bland

Postcode is still the killer, £2500 for my accord tourer with clean liscence and 5yrs plus NCD because its an OL postcode.

Thankfully we will no longer reside in such a stupid postcode area after next month when the renewal is due.

Check your postcode here

And remember, the postcode is where your car spends most of its time, so you could argue a work car park is the correct postcode if its lower risk, or your parents, or wherever really. How they prove you spend any/more/less time there is anyones guess.

Trick with insurance companies is to treat them like mushrooms (keep them in the dark and feed them shit)

trail_rat
    Free Member

The question is usually where is the vehicle kept over night.

Wont be your work unless you do nightshift 😉

Also id encourge you to be truthful with insurance companies- you are the only one that will lose out by lying.

chewkw
    Free Member

OK this sucks … DirectLine has just re-quoted me £879 because they do not count 3 year NCB during the time I was on provisional license. Previously their website counted 1 year Full UK license but accept 3 years NCB. So they are treating me as a new driver with 1 yr full license … arrgghh …

Adrian Flux quoted £800.

Admiral quoted £701 all in.

Looks like Aviva is cheapest at £540 after 20% Online Discount. Will try Aviva again but this time with 3 yrs NCB as I think I typed in 2 yrs NCB.

Arrgghhhh …

Oh ya … post code is NE1 … damn! Not sure what it means on the location post code lottery says … “Refer” … to what?

p/s:

trail_rat – Member

The question is usually where is the vehicle kept over night.

Wont be your work unless you do nightshift

That’s where I work and live. I park in a secure car park with CCTV and security gate i.e. you wont be able to get in without security fob. Told them the truth as I know Insurance company can screw people up if they want especially in developed world.

chewkw
    Free Member

OK this is worst than I thought …

I just revisited Aviva and the quote is £1,744 … after I re-checked my Full driving license category. Dammit.

Most online quote is so stupid they do not accept that I have 3 yrs NCB and less than one yr Full UK license.

Bought the car in 2011 with provisional license.
    Got my full UK license in Feb 2013.

Insured it under my name all this time …

Dammit. They are treating me as new driver with a new car …

😡

trail_rat
    Free Member

You have a case that cannot be answered with online quotes

Do your self a favour. Step away from the computer and phone round the old fashioned way you need to speak to people not computer logic.

chewkw
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member

You have a case that cannot be answered with online quotes

Do your self a favour. Step away from the computer and phone round the old fashioned way you need to speak to people not computer logic.

Yes, I will call my local insurance broker who also offer car insurance.

Bloody hell I think from now on my only choice is to call them if I want my 2 yrs NCB (during provisional license) to be taken into consideration for my quote. Getting quote online does not take this into consideration … bloody pooter says no.

Yes, called DirectLine just now and the lady said the same thing … “sorry we can’t help you there because the computer does not allow me to key in that information.” i.e. have more NCB than full time license.

Hhmmm … feel like I/we are slowly being automated to fit the definition as defined by the pooter …

Stop now … need some fresh air … back later on this evening to search … dammit.

chewkw
    Free Member

Update … arrghhh … finally got my car insured.

I called Admiral and spoke to someone in Wales …

The premium is £645.54 with Admiral and they have taken into consideration my 2 year NCB. Can’t protect it though. Apparently I can only protect NCB after 5 years.

Called 6 or 7 local insurance brokers with price ranging from £833 to £1,800. 😯

Oh well, I guess I will just have to stick to Admiral to get my 2 yr NCB from past two years while having provisional license. Others only accept NCB with Full UK driving license.

Admiral accepts my 6 months full UK license with my 2 year NCB.

Guess I cannot get out from Admiral for a while …

😮

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance – views?’ is closed to new replies.