Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • car insurance renewal – recommendations please !
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

hmm, renewal notice seems a bit steep. 51 yr old male, no accidents, no convictions, 18year old slow estate car, £409 !

Suggestions, please…

thanks

flatfish
    Free Member

Try swift cover.

The wife, 41 and myself, 38, fairly fast car, no accidents, no convictions.

£221

jon1973
    Free Member

I always trawl the comparison sites at renewal time. I don’t think I’ve ever had the same insurance company 2 years in a row – I never end up renewing with the same company, as they always seem to screw you.

I pay about £350, with 12+ no claims, no convictions on a 4 year old citreon – it is getting more and more expensive.

Just make sure you compare like for like.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flap_jack
    Free Member

£409 with Swift. Looks like the mileage (15000) is doing it.

daveh
    Free Member

And probably the car, see if it goes down if you made it younger (just as a test obviously). Apparently insurance is cheaper on newer cars as they’re more likely to be repaired, which many insurers make money on, older ones get written off which is just money straight out of the business.

tiggs121
    Free Member

1.6 golf

50 yr old + 50 yr old named driver

fully comp

10+ yrs NCD

10000 annual miles

£130

AXA

4ags4
    Free Member

Have had reasonable results with Tesco in the past for single cars; currently got a multi car with Admiral and pretty good:
    2 x mid 40s drivers
    320D & Mini Cooper
    WF postcode
    15k year per car
    Full NC & protected
    £500

mikewsmith
    Free Member

as I’m not running a comparison site looking at loads of different insurance companies and that circumstances do vary I would suggest using on of those comparison sites. It’s kind of what they do.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Mrsflap has a modern Golf which is terrifyingly fast in comparison to my old lump, yet the insurance is about half.

Sainburys £318, this is getting better.

The AXA form is exactly the same as the Swift one and comes up with the same numbers.

wolly
    Free Member

Call them up, I got my renewal and it was way off so did the usual comparison sites then rang them up and they matched them

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I was quoted £625 by my insurer, similar prices from Direct Line, Admiral etc. Aviva quoted £365

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Ive had my renewal come this morning £566 !! .. im 44, loads of ncb and the cars an 8 year old nissan primera … its down as 14000 miles a year but i can reduce that now as im using my motorbike as well for commuting.

falkirk-mark

I went to RAC through quidco (price was same as Tesco £240) and it threw me £80 cashback (so £160 for a C5 estate fully comp) not just as old as you 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘car insurance renewal – recommendations please !’ is closed to new replies.