Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • car insurance renewal, motor legal protection yay or nay?
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

So the annual task of getting a good car insurance deal is here again, got some ok prices but whats the opinon on the motor legal protection add on?

They always seem to push this hard, but is it necessary? Sureley if it was that important it would be included and not as an option?

Cougar

How much extra is it?

aracer
    Free Member

Something I always used to get, as it helps if you do have an incident which isn’t your fault. I’ve made use of it a couple of times.

Used to because I’m now with the CSMA who include it as part of their membership (the discount on my insurance with LV is more than the cost of membership).

rocketman
    Free Member

Was quite useful in terms of claiming the excess when one of Tesco’s delivery vans reversed into my car

riddoch

When hit by a lorry leaving the service station our legal cover got our excess back before my insurance company had been able to find the other parties insurance company.
    I’d say for the extra, what £20, it’s worth it.

lakesrider
    Free Member

Sounds like the opinion is its worth it then.

its £30 extra, policy is 240 without it, but it’ll be an extra 60 quid really as i’ll have to add it to the wifes policy as well when that renews next month!

BoardinBob

The true question is do you have this cover already with some other insurance. So for example do you have legal cover with your home insurance and would it provide cover if you needed it in relation to a car accident etc?

Not sure what the answer is but unwittingly being dual covered for these things is not uncommon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘car insurance renewal, motor legal protection yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.