Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Car insurance questions- moving house etc
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

We’re at a pretty busy point in our lives and have a new car coming for the woman. We need to insure but there’s a few variables going on, namely-

1- She’s not passed her test yet
    2- We’re about to move house

When she passes her test we will move house as soon as we can, to an area that has lower insurance quotes as it happens. When she passes her test the insurance goes up and I know we will have to give them more money, but when we move somewhere with lower insurance costs will we get any money back?

I assume if we do we’ll get less back than the difference between quotes. I accept that. But will we pay a lot more than the difference between quotes once she passes her test? I don’t want to sign up for something that we think will go up by X amount then really jump a lot more.

Thank you in advance.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You have no chance of getting money back

IanW
    Free Member

You will pay a premium based on the risk calculated from each set of new circumstance.

So if you move from Manchester to Suffolk you definitely will get money back pro rata to time on cover and presuming you paid the annual premium in advance.

Regards full and provisional license it depends on how the particular insurer rates these things which probably includes a few other factors. You could get quotes for your circumstance now and how you think they will be in future from the same company. That will give you an idea of how different companies view your present and planned risk.

Worth noting the gender directive comes in soon making it illegal to rate on gender which will possibly increase ladies premium.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance questions- moving house etc’ is closed to new replies.