Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Car Insurance, is it me or all my quotes recently £204??
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

A strange situation thats making me think about Car Insurance.

Recently I’ve changed cars a few times and bought a couple of new ones too, all within the last 13mths.

So starting the quote process has lead me to receive quotes from various companies and on varying vehicles (large diesel engine, small diesel engine, family people carrier, 4×4, 2 seater sports car petrol engined etc.), yet all my quotes have been +/- 10% at £204 FComp. Only main differences relate to additional add ons in the cover (breakdown, windscreen, legal at large varying prices)

Are you seeing the same thing?

😕

br
    Free Member

Unless you go for some out of the ordinary, I’d expect it.

Biggest cost in a accident is usually not the car but person related – ie you can run someone over in any vehicle.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you sir have got old…..

once i got to about 24 my insurance stopped moving other wise at the rate it was falling id assume id reach 30 and they would be paying me to drive a car…..

bikebouy
    Free Member

I am old yes, just finding the small price and large range of vehicles quoted on a bit like, weird.
    😆

rocketman
    Free Member

Are you seeing the same thing?

Yeah

you sir have got old

^^ this

Any car £200-ish
    Any motorbike £100-ish

Matt24k
    Free Member

Think yourselves lucky. All my quotes are £450 and I am 50 next year!
    I had 7 years NCB before I went to work overseas for 3 years and I now realise that I should have put myself down as a named driver on someone else’s policy. My previous insurer holds NCB for 2 years and then you are busted down to a newbie.

munrobiker
    Free Member

once i got to about 24 my insurance stopped moving

😯

Mine’s about £450 a year and I’m almost 27…

tthew

Yep. Did a speculative ‘compare the market’ search for a Porsche 911 a few weeks ago, for Mrs Tthew with me as a named driver.

Current car is a 1.2 litre Seat Leon, (but the 110bhp version, 8) as **** yeah?) £230
    Porsche 911, 3.4 litre, (think) 315bhp, £250.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive been about 240 on the van since 24….
    the berlingo car in my name is 150

the land rover 90 – very modfied (more powerful engine, winch,bumper , lifted and modified suspension mountings etc) 200 quid

I looked at getting an forester STI – that was 250 a year to insure….

then the mrs was driven into by a dozy cow in a rush driving a corsa.

to stick her on my vehicles adds about 60 quid to a normal car but it put the forrester in the realms of not fiesable for realistic money.

chewkw
    Free Member

Matt24k – Member

Think yourselves lucky. All my quotes are £450 and I am 50 next year!
    I had 7 years NCB before I went to work overseas for 3 years and I now realise that I should have put myself down as a named driver on someone else’s policy. My previous insurer holds NCB for 2 years and then you are busted down to a newbie.

Crikey that’s a waste of NCB. They are bastards aren’t they … 😯

Me, 3 year NCB for 1.6 Toyota Corolla automatic insurance £495 … dammit!

tthew – Member
    Current car is a 1.2 litre Seat Leon, (but the 110bhp version, as **** yeah?) £230
    Porsche 911, 3.4 litre, (think) 315bhp, £250.

Get the Porsche … 😆

If that is my quote I would have my Toyota Corolla with stiffer suspension, strut etc …

br
    Free Member

to stick her on my vehicles adds about 60 quid to a normal car but it put the forrester in the realms of not fiesable for realistic money.

I had this after my wife had 2 fault accidents, so since she was comp on her own car (with 3rd party on others) I just took her off mine (at the time). She could still drive it, but was only 3rd party which didn’t matter as it was only worth a couple of k’s.

And my old Vectra is £175 comp/business/£0 excess while a 250bhp nearly new Audi A5 I was looking at was all of £225.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I had this after my wife had 2 fault accidents, so since she was comp on her own car (with 3rd party on others) I just took her off mine (at the time). She could still drive it, but was only 3rd party which didn’t matter as it was only worth a couple of k’s.”

Yeah that works now as most are proposer and spouse but prior to a month ago she wasnt my wife so she had to be named.

the third party cover off her own vehicle only applies to vehicles not registered at the same address….. be careful of the catch- i know a few folk with points and fine off the back of that one thinking they are covered third party when infact – they are not covered at all – this is more commonly the situation than not.

Harry_the_Spider

All of mine were the same price too within a couple of %.

£440 per vehicle It was the same to insure me on a £10k SMax and my wife on a £500 Fusion.

boxelder

Phone up a few and tell them to beat £204

ell_tell
    Free Member

Postcode is the biggest difference for me.

£290 difference between my parents house in Devon and when I lived in Cardiff 🙁

The temptation to insure it at my parents instead address was very tempting

chakaping
    Free Member

Time to buy that V8 Jag you’ve always fancied.

CountZero

My last lowest quote, which I naturally accepted, was £166, IIRC, the previous one was £189, or thereabouts.
    Been a while since it was over £200, three or four years, I think.

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

My last lowest quote, which I naturally accepted, was £166, IIRC, the previous one was £189, or thereabouts.
    Been a while since it was over £200, three or four years, I think.

Bloody hell your quote is so low I feel like being milked by the ZM insurance company.

What sort of car(s) have you insured for?

How many years NCB?

Dammit … don’t the insurance company know I don’t print money or give out free money! 😡

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm. bit odd innit. Makes me kinda think about getting one of these.. 8)

chewkw
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Hmmm. bit odd innit. Makes me kinda think about getting one of these..

Parking maybe a headache if you get that … 😆

Also you might get a ticket every time you park out of line. 😆

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Car Insurance, is it me or all my quotes recently £204??’ is closed to new replies.