Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car insurance for months rather than a year?
  • nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I’m just about to insure the cars for another year but we’re meant to be going to NZ in around two months, so it seems a waste (and I know I would get very little back if I try to get a reimbursement). I always pay my insurance in full but I wondered if I should pay per month and then cancel whenever I wish? I figured I cannot do this as it will be an annual contract. Is there another way?!

Sorry for the boring post but someone on this forum always knows the answer!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why do you think it would be different paying monthly? That’s just the financing.

Ime cancellation charges aren’t that bad…And you have tried

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&client=ms-android-huawei&q=short+term+car+insurance&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisso3V8-TRAhUJJMAKHcBPD9MQvwUIFigA&biw=360&bih=524

legend
    Free Member

Generally if you’re not in the first year of a policy then you can just cancel at any point for a pro-rata refund which would work if paying monthly too

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nealglover
    Free Member

I do this all the time on our Summer Van as it’s stored over winter. I just check the cancellation charges of the policy before buying (most are not bad at all, just a “paperwork” fee)

Makes no odds wether you pay monthly or as a lump sum.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Great, thanks very much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance for months rather than a year?’ is closed to new replies.