Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car insurance for 17 year old provisional driver
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Looking to add my son onto insurance policy. 1.0litre skoda citigo any recommendations, Aviva quoted me £3.6k pa today and marmalade want £1.5k whilst he is provisional driver.
    Richard

bikebouy
    Free Member

Caravaninafield.com

mrlugz
    Free Member

I’m in a similar situation.

I had a quote for myself with eldest on a suzuki ignis.

£390 TPF&T for me with him named, or £500 with it in his name, his car and me as a named.

That was just through a comparison site. I was expecting it to be an awful lot higher.

falkirk-mark

https://raclearnerdriver.dayinsure.com/Step1

I got my daughter for £157 on this for 3 months it a bolt on type insurance (i.e your car is still insured by your insurance)

flannol
    Free Member

^ yeah

Look for provisional car insurance on google. It’s a very specific dedicated thing. Not offered by the normal brokers.

Adding to yours will be absurd

When I was 17 provisional car insurance was like 50/mo

SIGNIFICANTLY higher once I had passed, obviously :/

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Ironic that rac learner scheme underwritten via Aviva who have quoted me this £3600 per annum and said they don’t offer any scheme for young drivers!

scotroutes

My daughter was on my policy for a 1.0 Yaris and it was only about £150 higher. She has now passed her test and just paid £650 to insure it TPF&T in her name but with my Mrs and I as named drivers. That policy requires a telematics box but has no curfews.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance for 17 year old provisional driver’ is closed to new replies.