• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Car insurance and repair woes
  • tinkertaylor1981
    Free Member

Long story short…

Hit from behind at the beginning of June. Other party admitted fault and car was picked up for repair (by insurer’s authorised repair company) promptly.

Initially returned within two weeks in a state that I was happy with. Discovered a fortnight or so later (upon taking my car to have the pads replaced) that the tools and locking wheelnut were missing from the boot. After several calls, car goes back to repair company to have wheels removed / wheelnuts replaced. After three days I’m told they’ve been able to remove three wheels but not the fourth, and I’ll have to wait up to 3 weeks(!) for a new tool to be delivered.

During this time one of the reversing sensors starts playing up. I notify the repairer who says they’ll look at it when they have it back in.

4 weeks later (2 of which I’ve spent in a hire car as the brake pads still can’t be replaced), they take the car back to do the last wheel. Car is returned with no mention of the sensor, which I find is still faulty.

I call repairer, they claim to have not found any fault and invite me to take the car to them (an hour’s drive each way) if I want them to look again.

Next steps? Insurers have been ok throughout, sorting assorted hire cars and giving me some compensation for the inconvenience. But now I’m left with a car that’s still not right. I could take it to another garage for inspection / diagnosis, but I’m sick of doing all the running around and nagging when I haven’t been ‘at fault’ throughout the process.

Rant over. Suggestions gladly received!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance and repair woes’ is closed to new replies.