• This topic has 19 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Car Insurance..
  • MartynS

Please recommend me a company that aren’t just thieves in cheap ties..

Y Reg Saab 9-5 2.0 worth at best £2000, I’m 37 and have a full and squeaky clean license with over 9 years no claims and they all seem to want £550ish… I was paying that when I was 24 ffs

With privalage (it Isn’t) tried direct line, who else is worth a shot???

iDave
    Free Member

just been through all this endless go compare markets shite and to my horror I ended up with Tesco – much cheaper for comparable benefits

wrightyson
    Free Member

Read it properly the 2nd time as was gonna suggest direct line! Without meaning to be a cheeky sod, do you live in a dodgy area?? I’m 35 and insure an impreza with d line for 370???

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    john_drummer
    Free Member

try Axa – I think I went through those pesky meerkats but I could be wrong

I’ve got a 57 plate 9-3 sportwagon 1.9TiD, probably worth about £10k, I’m 45 with a squeaky clean licence, driving 19 years, full NCD – less than £300 a year.

Direct Line / Churchill are well expensive and to all intents & purposes, the same company

wrightyson
    Free Member

Direct line are not expensive for me for some reason , i’ve been with them for 4 yrs now and no one can get close to them for me. But to be fair you’re not the first person i’ve heard say they are expensive!!

loddrik
    Free Member

Just came to renewal time, was paying £56 a month, cheapest quote I could get was £80 a month. Apparently prices as gone beserk due to all the personal injury claims and the insurance companies trying to catch up.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I just did a quote on comparethemarket.com, just me, 18k miles a year, same cover as I have now, cheapest was with AXA at £450/year.

So I added mrs_drummer as a named driver, it went down to £274, still with AXA.

ziggy
    Free Member

Yeah prices have gone nuts, I had until 2 months ago a Civic type r, worth £11k, only £390. Sadly white van man decided to pile into me, so for now I bought a cheap Mondeo, not even £1k worth, how much for the insurance?

That’s right a bargain tastic £520 wtf?

Got down to £370 in the end, 38, 6 years ncd and a clean licence.

MartynS

Wrightyson..not massively dodgy area, Stockport, so not great but not bad. I’m sure my cover last year was £400ish so its gone up massively.
    My job doesn’t help. I work in that there telly and even though I don’t use my car for work, only traveling to work I’ve always had my premium loaded to some degree because “I might run over someone famous in the carpark”

I’m off to try Axa…

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Much as I resent giving the feckers the business as they seem to be hoovering up the choice Joe Public has on the high street Tesco were by far the cheapest for me too.

MartynS

aaarghhhh Axa wouldn’t even quote!!

here comes tesco

wrightyson
    Free Member

This all sounds a bit w@nk, I’d read somewhere that prices were going up rapidly, I’ll look forward to renewing on January then, just after Christmas with two thieving children! 😆

MartynS

Tesco currently winning, with swift cover not far behind..

God I hate doing this…!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Swift Cover.

They who use a professional musician to advertise the car insurance that they wouldn’t (at the time) offer to professional musicians… and got rapped on the knuckles by the Advertising Standards Authority for it 😉

MartynS

Couldn’t give a flying stuff about Professional musicians car insurance, as long as they offer me value for money…. and I’m far less likely to drive into a swimming pool.

luke
    Free Member

for the wife we found hastings was cheapest plus we got £53 cash back via quidco.
    your an above average mileage driver with 18000 miles

john_drummer
    Free Member

tell me about it 🙁 still it’s down from the 24k miles I used to do in a year

john_drummer
    Free Member

Couldn’t give a flying stuff about Professional musicians car insurance

TBH neither could I as I’m only a hobby muso, my day job is the highly exciting “Computer bod in Manufacturing Industry”.

in fact, as you work for t’telly, you could say you’re nearer the entertainment industry than I am 😉

but using Iggy Pop to advertise something they wouldn’t actually sell to him (if he even lived in the UK & needed their cover) is a wee bit naughty

anyway, academic if Tesco are winning

djglover
    Free Member

Direct Line here,

no No-claims because I was a company car driver then on the wifes policy, 34, just insured a Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI for £278 a year. Was pretty pleased with that..

br
    Free Member

I found that fully comp was cheaper then 3rd party/TPFT for older/cheaper cars.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Car Insurance..’ is closed to new replies.