Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Car hit by snow plow, advice please
  • robinbetts
    Free Member

Yesterday a friend was on her way to work at Merthyr hospital, but because of the snow ended up abandoning her car on a steep hill she couldn’t get up, and walked the rest of the way. During he shift she gets wind that a snow plow has lost control on a nearby hill and smashed into a car. When she eventually finishes work at about 10:30 last night and gets a lift home in a 4×4, she finds it’s her car written off. Where do you think she stands on insurance and the council? I think they paid about a grand forth car not too long ago and got a good deal on it. Fully comp insurance. But she’s saving for a wedding and can’t afford to be out of pocket at all if at all possible. Any advice from the stw masses? P.s. it’s not off topic as the car was used for mountain biking transportation by her other half!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You serious? You really need to ask this question?

takisawa2

You would think that, especially given it was a council truck, it would have been reported to the Police. Call them, not on a 999 number though, & see if it was. They should have witness details, if any.
    Then see if her insurance has any sort of legal cover, failing that her home insurance might have some kind of legal advice/assistance.
    If nobody plays ball the local press love stuff like this. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ebygomm
    Free Member

Like this?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKxy5Vst7Mo[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

ring council to see if true , check with plods as you should not leave the scene of an accident – did they leave message, contact her insurance
    Wait 6 months recieve cheque

dobo
    Free Member

it’s not off topic as the car was used for mountain biking transportation by her other half!

more importantly this belongs in the chat forum :0 made me chuckle

anyway, if witnesses saw it get a statement as i guess they could just deny it unless the damage is plough shaped, take photo of plough tracks etc maybe. but doubt council will be bothered and just sort it after a few months

Stoner
    Free Member

this is my favourite
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPE8vL5hlFA[/video]

Stoner
    Free Member

another goodie
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM2gLjfE_3Y[/video]

julianwilson
    Free Member

My (parked in the street) car once got hit by a bin lorry when i was out, and the driver was good enough to leave his name and contact details for his supervisor at work to sort out insurance. Supervisor seemed completely unflapped that it had happened and took details etc. It was my lease car from work though, so no idea how long the actual insurance bits took to sort out.

robinbetts
    Free Member

Looking like the incident with the snow plough may have been another set of cars on another hill, do this is looking more like someone else had hit it with their car and then just left without leaving details. Not good.

uplink
    Free Member

Looking like the incident with the snow plough may have been another set of cars on another hill, do this is looking more like someone else had hit it with their car and then just left without leaving details. Not good.

It sounds like you really don’t have any idea who did it, let alone evidence

All bets are off then unless someone fesses up – own insurance or bust, I’m afraid

schrickvr6
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0FjntOZV58[/video]

This one is the bestest. Are you alright? 😀

uplink
    Free Member

I like this one

Stoner
    Free Member

Rear wheel drive BMW, low profile tyres, on ice?

Piece of piss, innit:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZJe7ua0hno[/video]

brooess
    Free Member

that ibiza driver ain’t too bright!

donsimon
    Free Member

Car hit by snow plow, advice please

Don’t buy a white car.

pacemaker
    Free Member

that ibiza driver ain’t too bright!

Possibly because its a Leon??

ivantate
    Free Member

I have sympathy unless she just abandoned the car on the hill without making any effort to get it off the road. Reverse it fast as far of the road as possible.

this year a bin truck has run over my fence, not admitted but a guy witnessed it and saw the driver out of the cab looking at it so eventually they fixed the fence and also ran into my car when my brother was using it down in rugby. again not owned up, but the shade of paint and the fact it happened on the morning the bins are collected was very suspicious. Both fence and car were off the carriageway.

sockpuppet

why oh why do people seem to think they’ll be safer bailing out of their cars than sit there for a 5mph shunt.

they’re happy to take the risk of a 60mph crash in the car the rest of the time. or have they not thought this whole driving thing through.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

seriously these people in the videos are just **** stupid! the snow plow in the vid just locks his brakes and waits. great idea 😉

people need to get over here and learn to drive in these fun conditions 😉

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Thank you Stoner – I haven’t laughed that much for ages. Some going by the first car in the first vid to hit so many cars!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Car hit by snow plow, advice please’ is closed to new replies.